Refurbishing my Z145 135

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135
Mike476 said:
Thanks guys, look forward to watching to see how yours comes out Robert, same with you Flusher when you get the chance to get at yours.

Massey VW is in the process of refurbishing his as well and posting his progress here, will be watching both threads to see what I need to take note of.

Good luck and have fun! :thumbsup:

Mike, check out that website I told Massey about. Hey Massey what is your first name? I hate using handles. Kinda reminds me of the ole CB days. :smile:

www.agcopartsbooks.com and log in in the Guest option and search your make and type tractor. Pick out the info you need. They use something like Microsoft Silverlight and allows you to print parts number list a zoomed diagram or a full page diagram of info you need. Pretty cool.

In one of your pics it looks like you got your own tractor pull going on. BTW, I hate leaks too. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #12  
Thanks, I bookmarked the site from your post under Massey VW's string, won't be looking to order the parts until I begin a tear down but I like what I see as far as the site's structure for breakdowns is concerned.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #13  
Hey Massey what is your first name? I hate using handles. Kinda reminds me of the ole CB days. :smile:

I sent you a PM.

AGCO Parts Books and log in in the Guest option and search your make and type tractor. Pick out the info you need. They use something like Microsoft Silverlight and allows you to print parts number list a zoomed diagram or a full page diagram of info you need. Pretty cool.

The AGCO parts website is great. I discovered it a couple of days before you posted a link to it and meant to do the same but forgot because I've been busy researching various parts sources. Unfortunately, it isn't fully functional (no diagrams) with Firefox, but I can make an exception and use Internet Exploder (gasp!) in this case. Having to install MS Silverlight is a pain, but the results seem to be worth it.

I got a bit of work done painting and cleaning areas of the axle and rear end. I just fond out I got a crack in the pump on my gas pressure washer. An old sears probably cheaper to buy a new one. My little electric just doesn't cut the mustard. I got to thinking about MasseyWV's heat shield and thought I might use some of that high tech auto heat shielding on the bottom side of the fuel tank. That just might work out.

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #15  
Cleans up nice. Working on or around something that is clean is the only way to go. Makes tracing any leaks that much easier if or when they occur.

MasseyWV said:
I sent you a PM.

The AGCO parts website is great. I discovered it a couple of days before you posted a link to it and meant to do the same but forgot because I've been busy researching various parts sources. Unfortunately, it isn't fully functional (no diagrams) with Firefox, but I can make an exception and use Internet Exploder (gasp!) in this case. Having to install MS Silverlight is a pain, but the results seem to be worth it.

Silverlight is built into MS Explorer 9 under win7, at least mine was ans didn't have to download nor install it.

Mike476 said:
Thanks, I bookmarked the site from your post under Massey VW's string, won't be looking to order the parts until I begin a tear down but I like what I see as far as the site's structure for breakdowns is concerned.

Mike, Google is your friend with part number in hand and attach the MF 135 will reveal many vendors who have that part number. A dealer in South Carolina I buy most of my tractor parts turned me onto that site. I love the ability to print the exploded diagrams. -robert

Mike how do you like that seat on your tractor? I've been eyeballing that seat contemplating on buying it for mine. -robert

/ Refurbishing my Z145 135 #19  
Robert, I like it a lot. I found after spending 6-7 hours in the old pan style seat a day my legs were falling asleep, back was sore and I like to have something as an armrest to lean on occassionally when turning around to look behind.

My kids got together and bought it for me. I did have to modify it somewhat to mount it further aft than the pre-drilled mounts allowed, but that was simply a matter of disassembling the sliders to drill the necessary hole pattern to fit the tractor, about an hours work to install.

Have had it four years now, spring suspension has made a world of difference on my back and the seat is a little more comfortable. My wife and oldest daughter use it on occassion, having the ability to slide fore and aft and adjust the suspension for the weight of the passenger makes it a universal fit.

Mike476 said:
Robert, I like it a lot. I found after spending 6-7 hours in the old pan style seat a day my legs were falling asleep, back was sore and I like to have something as an armrest to lean on occassionally when turning around to look behind.

My kids got together and bought it for me. I did have to modify it somewhat to mount it further aft than the pre-drilled mounts allowed, but that was simply a matter of disassembling the sliders to drill the necessary hole pattern to fit the tractor, about an hours work to install.

Have had it four years now, spring suspension has made a world of difference on my back and the seat is a little more comfortable. My wife and oldest daughter use it on occassion, having the ability to slide fore and aft and adjust the suspension for the weight of the passenger makes it a universal fit.

I have read that because of the design of the seat platform area on the 135 it won't allow full slide back. At least that's what was said on a site that sold them.