Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    Platinum Member cdaigle430's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    924
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    MF GC2410

    Default My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
    The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Wacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    Location
    West Virginia
    Tractor
    2010 GC2610

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdaigle430 View Post
    I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
    The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.

    Did you explain your issue to your dealer? Surely he could go to a parts store and have one made up to fit (and probably better quality too). Just my opinion but, these hoses are not top quality by any standards. Maybe get the hose and have one made up yourself, if you need the machine back.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

  3. #3
    Elite Member Don87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,226
    Location
    SW Pa.
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wacky View Post
    Did you explain your issue to your dealer? Surely he could go to a parts store and have one made up to fit (and probably better quality too). Just my opinion but, these hoses are not top quality by any standards. Maybe get the hose and have one made up yourself, if you need the machine back.
    I was going to suggest the same thing, but, it was already returned to the dealer. More than likely, the dealer will only replace it with the "Massey" hose, otherwise the dealer will eat the difference in price.
    Don

    MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member ScottW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    94
    Location
    Methow Valley, WA
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson GC2410TLB

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    My Massey dealer replaces the OEM hoses with the stronger stuff which has a larger outside diameter as a standard service. The mechanic called it two-wire as opposed to the one-wire that comes with the tractors. So the AGCO line doesn't have to be the way.
    ___
    Scott Waichler
    Methow Valley, WA
    MF GC2410, 2360 snowthrower, UAT-50 thumb, ZLL-130 rototiller, RBS48 box scraper.

  5. #5
    Elite Member irvingj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,592
    Location
    Etna, NH
    Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Scott, be sure to give your dealer a good "Attaboy!" (Or maybe a case of pizzas...)
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

  6. #6
    Platinum Member cdaigle430's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    924
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    MF GC2410

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdaigle430 View Post
    I found several small wet spots under the front axle of my GC2410 last week. This tractor only has 16 hours on it so far and has not been abused. I tried to locate where it was leaing from but could only determine it was coming from somwhere above the hydrosatic steering piston. Rather than risk having hydraulic/oil fluid leak all over the place I called the dealership to come and get it. It was very tight up in that area and I would have had to remove the front plate to get a better picture.
    The dealership has been great so far and when I called them today the found a pinhole in one of the hydrostatic steering hoses. The problem for me is it will take several days to get the hose in because it is a specialty hose. Now I either have to rent a tractor or tell my contractor to hold off on the 100 yards of dirt coming next week.
    She is still in the shop
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Wacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    Location
    West Virginia
    Tractor
    2010 GC2610

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdaigle430 View Post
    She is still in the shop

    I feel your pain.
    2010 MF GC2610--MF60"MMM--King Kutter XB 4' rotary cutter-- 4' King Kutter XB boxblade-- Ratchet Rake-- Check that parking brake

  8. #8
    Platinum Member cdaigle430's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    924
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    MF GC2410

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdaigle430 View Post
    She is still in the shop
    Well, I am of course not happy. It took my dealership 3 days to come get the tractor, Then they called me to tell me they couldn't find the leak. I had to drive there to show them where it was, imagine my surprise when we walked out back and there was three wet spots underneath the front axle. They had taken the grill and the steering column apart-I told them it was leaking under the front axle. Next day I called for an update and was told it was a specialty hose that they don't make them there-service said it would take 3-5 days to get. I waited 7 days before calling them and was told-oh yeah the part was on back order, OMG, 7 days earlier they told me it was going to take 3-5 days. Then they called me back that afternoon to say the part is now available and it will take about 7 more days. WTF!

    I said look, there has to be another rescource for this hose, someone has to make this part and make it better. I was told no and that Massey wants it that way so they can keep track if theres a problem. Along with the hydraulic shuttering I am starting to regret choosing Massey. I am so glad I don't have to count in this for my lively-hood and I really feel for those that have to put up with this BS.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member mustangsallysdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    559

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Just so everyone knows...that particular hose isn't a braided type of hydraulic hose as you are accustomed to...it's a special high heat, low erosion "Passtageline" hose made by Bridgestone. Next time you need one, order it from Jack's Small Engines...you'll have it in about a week to your door. If you are still under warranty, you can have the dealer credit it on the warranty repair.

  10. #10
    Platinum Member cdaigle430's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    924
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    MF GC2410

    Default Re: My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangsallysdad View Post
    Just so everyone knows...that particular hose isn't a braided type of hydraulic hose as you are accustomed to...it's a special high heat, low erosion "Passtageline" hose made by Bridgestone. Next time you need one, order it from Jack's Small Engines...you'll have it in about a week to your door. If you are still under warranty, you can have the dealer credit it on the warranty repair.
    Thanks,
    I tried looking up the part online but couldn't find it except for a malware riddled site from Japan. I will have to give them a call because I think I will still be able to get it much faster by ordering it from them.

    This kind of reminds me of when I was an M1 Abrahms driver, a 5 million dollar machine taken out by a 20 dollar spring malfunction.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. B2400 starting problem finally solved
    By victor43 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 07:31 AM
  2. Boomer Problems
    By froggy in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 02:29 PM
  3. Power Steering Problem Not Solved
    By Alan L. in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
  4. Starting and Stopping Problem kubota F2100
    By ebertf in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
  5. New BX 2200 Throttle Problem
    By Anonymous Poster in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.