My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.
Sorry you had to go threw all the bs with that dealer. Not all dealers are bad tho, i usely let a customer use one of my tractors when his is going to be down for awhile but like scottw said try calling Agco and talk to a rep, tell them the problems youve been haveing and you might get a new tractor out of it. Just remember its now just MF that has back ordered parts. Youll find that with any brand.
If i can help with any numbers or contact person for MF just let me know and ill be glad to help.

I agree :)

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #22  
It is also a MF issue, why bcause the part came from Japan and it's a part that should have been on hand from the tractor/part manufacturer. It was on back order for almost three weeks-from the manufacturer. MF compact and sub compact tractors are made in Japan so if most anything on the tractor chassis itself goes bad then the part has to be ordered from Japan. Dealerships can't afford to keep parts on hand and in stock anymore because Uncle Sam will impose taxes on them.

I blame MF for the shortage on the part and the dealership for lack of service. There is no temporary hose for this unfortunatley. But, if it happens again, I will try Jacks Small Engine next time.

Maybe I wasn't clear with my statement.

If the correct part was backordered at the warehouse, than another source should have been found. Some one in Maine must make hydraulic hoses. The fittings on the tractor will be a metric or BSP thread. No, not everyone that makes hoses will have that stuff, but I bet a whole bunch of that logging equipment I see up there comes from overseas and has the same style fittings. Someone in that dealership should have made the call to go get one and get you fixed.

Hence a "temporary" hose. Not because it's inferior, probably better actually, but because AGCO will only pay warranty on genuine parts.

I don't think your tractor is a lemon, I think it's the guy working on it. It's too bad there's an unhappy customer when it should have been a story about how your dealer went out of his way to get you fixed. I'm just sorry to hear it.

Maybe I wasn't clear with my statement.

If the correct part was backordered at the warehouse, than another source should have been found. Some one in Maine must make hydraulic hoses. The fittings on the tractor will be a metric or BSP thread. No, not everyone that makes hoses will have that stuff, but I bet a whole bunch of that logging equipment I see up there comes from overseas and has the same style fittings. Someone in that dealership should have made the call to go get one and get you fixed.

Hence a "temporary" hose. Not because it's inferior, probably better actually, but because AGCO will only pay warranty on genuine parts.

I don't think your tractor is a lemon, I think it's the guy working on it. It's too bad there's an unhappy customer when it should have been a story about how your dealer went out of his way to get you fixed. I'm just sorry to hear it.

You are correct, but, I think that this tractor is a lemon-a bad oman and I want o get rid of it at this point. One of the main reasons I bought a SCUT was to replace my ATV plow, snowthower and garden tractor/mower. At the same time gaining other functionality like the bh and fel. It is a PITA taking care of all those small engines and gas was costing me a fortunate along with all the oil changes ets.
Then there is the ethanol junk wreaking havoc on my small engine carbs-I really, really wanted to get rid of them all. But....my father always said, never put all your eggs in one basket. I can't trust this tractor because I can't affod to leave it at the stealership for several weeks at a time every time something happens-why, because parts are coming from Japan or it's on backorder, or worse yet-it's a special part only available from one source. I would rather have all my little engines back and put up with the maintenance expense-when one goes, so what.

Just before the last time it was in I had an agreemant with a contractor to buy 17 truck loads (each truck holding 12 yards) for $100 a load. I set the date for two weeks then found the leak. The dealership told me intiially 3-5 days so I figured we had plenty of time-wrong. Well that ship has sailed and now he is back up to $140.

That being said-MF is still a great manufacturer but all manufacturers have their lemons-even the Japanese. My brother has one and he loves it-traded a new Mahindra for it and never looked back. GC series are great tractors and do as promised above and beyond the orange and green. I just happened to get the one in 30,000 GC2410 lemons. It doesn't mean MF is bad and I'm hoping the representitve comes through for me. Keep in mind, I still have the hydraulic shudder issue that the dealer says is normal. Which brings me to the point of why I actually bought the MF SCUT. MF SCUT tractors are made in Japan so I equate Japan-with quality and reliability. I knew specialty parts would take a little longer to get-but, I never expected to have to put up with that yet, at least not till after I have 100 hours on it.

Sorry guys, but, at this point I feel as though I just found out my wife was cheating on me-very frustrated. Hopefully my next post will be a good one and I can put this behind me.

Need Help Guys before I switch to green or orange. As you know I finally got this lemon back and put about 1.5 hours on it. Parked it over night and today noticed another little puddle underneath the front axle. I ran my hand under and found the same hydraulic oil leaking but I also have some really thick black goo-wtf.
I am going to call MF tomorrow to see if they will take this thing back-I will try green or orange next. I know a lemon when I see one. 17 hours and the **** thing had 4 hours in it when it was delivred :mad:-that makes only 13 hours on my time and 5 weeks in the shop.

Any advise?

**Update**
I just called for an update and the news gets worse. Now they think it's a leak from the engine and are talking about taking the motor out :( Technically they still don't know where the leak is coming from and are waiting further instruction from Massey. Massey has been holding up the process pending research. 6 Weeks in the shop and counting-no end in site.:anyone::mur::smiley_aafz::thumbdown::confused:

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #25  
**Update**
I just called for an update and the news gets worse. Now they think it's a leak from the engine and are talking about taking the motor out :( Technically they still don't know where the leak is coming from and are waiting further instruction from Massey. Massey has been holding up the process pending research. 6 Weeks in the shop and counting-no end in site.:anyone::mur::smiley_aafz::thumbdown::confused:

Sorry to hear about your problems. It is a coin toss anymore, buy new and avoid someone else's problems or buy used after the previous owner has gotten all the problems fixed...

Seems we get the opposite sometimes, buy new and get all the problems or buy used and get all the problems...

We bought our Kubota L3130 used and it has been near flawless (small cylinder leak that stopped after working it some).

Sorry to hear about your problems. It is a coin toss anymore, buy new and avoid someone else's problems or buy used after the previous owner has gotten all the problems fixed...

Seems we get the opposite sometimes, buy new and get all the problems or buy used and get all the problems...

We bought our Kubota L3130 used and it has been near flawless (small cylinder leak that stopped after working it some).

Anyone have any advise? Should I hire a lawyer, or continue to talk with Massey and the dealer? Should I just accept it back or request a new one or demand compensation?
Personally I don't really want this tractor back anymore because I really think it's a sign of things to come with it.
Monday I will call Massey again but I would like all my ducks in a row first.
I should have parked the f'n thing on a hill with the parking brake on. (no offense Wacky :))

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #27  
I should have parked the f'n thing on a hill with the parking brake on. (no offense Wacky :))

:shocked:None taken. I got an idea what you are going through. I hope this all turns out for the best. IMHO I don't think a lawyer could do more than just send a letter to the dealer asking for documentation, as to what the "problem" is, and to why it is taking so long. If you are not happy with the machine at all, your best bet would be to trade, even though it will cost you some money. If you decide to trade, you will get piece of mind, if you can afford to pay extra. I would not do business with a dealer that doesn't suit your needs. Just my:2cents:

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #28  
Anyone have any advise? Should I hire a lawyer, or continue to talk with Massey and the dealer? Should I just accept it back or request a new one or demand compensation?
Personally I don't really want this tractor back anymore because I really think it's a sign of things to come with it.
Monday I will call Massey again but I would like all my ducks in a row first.
6 weeks in the shop, and problem not found........I think it's Massey's problem now.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #29  
That being said-MF is still a great manufacturer but all manufacturers have their lemons-even the Japanese.

I agree. After 30 years servicing vehicles, I believe the odds are when they make 10,000 of any car, truck, or tractor, and 1,000 are going to be trouble free for life, 8,000 are going to be "normal", and 1,000 are going to have more than their share of problems. A percentage of those, form the last group, which are considered "lemons".

These numbers of course vary, depending on the manufacturer.

Chrysler has a larger numbers in the last 2 groups. :D

It is the luck of the draw.

Sorry you had bad luck this time.:(

But, everyone gets a turn.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #30  
i would buy another one knowing what i know with 125 hours on my machine. :thumbsup: