My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #31  
Need Help Guys before I switch to green or orange. Parked it over night and today noticed another little puddle underneath the front axle. I ran my hand under and found the same hydraulic oil leaking but I also have some really thick black goo-wtf.
Any advise?

just read this thread and sounds like when mine was leaking oil.I had a loose fitting into the steering cylinder so after tightening it up and washing stuff off I figured it was cured.Anyway still leaked oil,figured it was maybe due to not getting all the oil washed out etc: so rewashed and sure enough still a bit of leak smelled like hyr.oil but looked back and gooy.Upon further examination this is what I finaaly did.I pulled the front axle out and replaced the o-rings that keep the front diff oil front leaking around the pivot shaft.After looking at the old o-rings found a little nick in one of them.Guess what problem sloved.Did it myself cost was under $2 .Check it out yourself see if you can pinpoint the problem.It maybe a warrenty issue but what the heck sometimes it's something simple.Larry

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second.
just read this thread and sounds like when mine was leaking oil.I had a loose fitting into the steering cylinder so after tightening it up and washing stuff off I figured it was cured.Anyway still leaked oil,figured it was maybe due to not getting all the oil washed out etc: so rewashed and sure enough still a bit of leak smelled like hyr.oil but looked back and gooy.Upon further examination this is what I finaaly did.I pulled the front axle out and replaced the o-rings that keep the front diff oil front leaking around the pivot shaft.After looking at the old o-rings found a little nick in one of them.Guess what problem sloved.Did it myself cost was under $2 .Check it out yourself see if you can pinpoint the problem.It maybe a warrenty issue but what the heck sometimes it's something simple.Larry

I wish I could-the dealership has it now with no ETA. I'm getting the feeling that Massey is up to no good. I think they are looking for a way to pin this on me somehow, like saying I abused the tractor. I got news for them-I have nothing in my yard to abuse it on, and I take care of all my equipment. I used it to take one stump out, haul dirt and plant two trees. The stump was the first job I did with it and I took it easy because I was breaking it in. Funny thing is, as you know, this tractor had 4 hours on it when it was delivered so I have no idea what it was used for during that time.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #33  
why don't you go get it and take it to another dealer?

if its in pieces, tell them to put it back together, then take it to another dealer.

btw, what is the name of the dealer that is screwing you over?

why don't you go get it and take it to another dealer?

if its in pieces, tell them to put it back together, then take it to another dealer.

btw, what is the name of the dealer that is screwing you over?

Wish I could,
The nearest dealer is in NH. They did find the leak, it was the front engine seal and the oil pan seal. It was not the hydraulic steering hose so it was miss-diagnosed the first time. Massey got involved in it because this is the first tractor they've seen with seasl improperly installed at the factory.MF claims they will be looking more in to quality control to make sure this never happens again.
My first question is, why does this have to happen to me? My second question is, why didn't service tell me I could have a loaner tractor while waiting? I am still trying to plead my case on compensation of some sorts, why, because this has added stress to my life where I should be enjoying my new tractor instead.

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #35  
Wish I could,
The nearest dealer is in NH. They did find the leak, it was the front engine seal and the oil pan seal. It was not the hydraulic steering hose so it was miss-diagnosed the first time. Massey got involved in it because this is the first tractor they've seen with seasl improperly installed at the factory.MF claims they will be looking more in to quality control to make sure this never happens again.
My first question is, why does this have to happen to me? My second question is, why didn't service tell me I could have a loaner tractor while waiting? I am still trying to plead my case on compensation of some sorts, why, because this has added stress to my life where I should be enjoying my new tractor instead.

Good news the problem has finally been properly diagnosed. I can believe it is tough to be without the machine for such a long period. A loaner would have been a nice jesture, even it thay could have loaned you a used machine they had on the lot.

On a seperate note, every time I read your signature I think you have 2010 Massey hamburger: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato (BLT) :D:laughing: and then I realise it's a Massey TLB :thumbsup:

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #36  
Wish I could,

Good that they hopefully found the issue.

I think a little better communication from the dealer would have helped the whole situation. If they were waiting because Massey wanted to look at it, they should have let you know. I bet that would have made you feel better not worse.

A loaner would have been an excellent gesture. Just remember, warranty doesn't pay for it or any kind of compensation for down time. So that would have been all upon the dealer to step up.

Good news the problem has finally been properly diagnosed. I can believe it is tough to be without the machine for such a long period. A loaner would have been a nice jesture, even it thay could have loaned you a used machine they had on the lot.

On a seperate note, every time I read your signature I think you have 2010 Massey hamburger: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato (BLT) :D:laughing: and then I realise it's a Massey TLB :thumbsup:

Good catch :) :ashamed:

/ My first GC2410 problem, maybe second. #38  
Good catch :) :ashamed:

Im glad they are getting ur tractor back. Keep asking MF to compt your time. they will agree to something. The dealership should have gave u a loaner if they had one. I have even loaned out my own tractor before just to help the customer out. As far as them having to wait on MF before doing any work is BS. I do the work and then turn it in as warranty. Never had a prob doing that and customer is happy with short downtime. Hope MF tractors havent put a bad taste in your mouth, they are a good tractor and for the most part are well built.
If i can ever help you in any way just let me know.
Jeremy :thumbsup: