MITSUBISHI MT372 questions

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #1  

YM-135trac

Bronze Member
Guy down the road got one for sale. Before I enquire about it I have a couple questions. From the factory:1- Does the PTO run backwards? 2-did it come w/Cat-0-or Cat-1 3PH? I've found most all the other info on web,but conflict info on these 2 questions,set-me straight.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #2  
My 372 is a built for U.S. market. The pto runs in the correct direction. I belive the Grey market version of the 372 is a Beaver, I could be wrong though.

I use nothing but cat 1 implements on my 372. It still could be a cat 0 though.

Is it 2wd or 4wd?

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #3  
My MT372D is standard PTO and catagory 1 3-point.
Parts can be pricey but I have needed little for mine in almost 10 years of ownership.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #4  
If the price is right you better get it. These are great little tractors. As the other guys stated it does have a CW standard rotation on the PTO and it is a 3 speed. It also has a Cat I lift and that is all that I use on mine also. Plow, cultivator, disc etc. Here is a pic of mine just after repainting it a few months ago.

tractor033108005.jpg

Thanks,
Bill

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions
It's 2wd, 900hrs.good s/metal/paint,no leaks,runs good/good rubber. About?what's It worth?:)

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #6  
Not really sure, probably between $1500-2000 or so. I may be wrong but thats what I would pay for one in that shape.

BTackett said:
If the price is right you better get it. These are great little tractors. As the other guys stated it does have a CW standard rotation on the PTO and it is a 3 speed. It also has a Cat I lift and that is all that I use on mine also. Plow, cultivator, disc etc. Here is a pic of mine just after repainting it a few months ago.

tractor033108005.jpg

Thanks,
Bill
BTackett, WOW, nice paint job. Looks to be in the pro catagory for sure. My paint job looks crappy in about 2yrs.(paint quality I guess) I have never found source( 2 or 3 spray cans should do it) for true paint color for my lime green ym135 and it needs a paint job. I just clean prime rust spots for now(don't want to put a 2yr. paint job on it.) auto paint store quanity too much(waste) & expensive. any paint source suggestions?

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #8  
if my tractor looked like that i would want about 5000 for it.the paint job alone is probably worth 1000 if not more.nice looking tractor.you took good care with the painting.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #9  
Thanks for the nice comments. I have about $700 in materials alone for the paint, cleaner, sand paper, etc and a BUNCH of time. I really don't have any suggestions on the Yanmar green except getting the paint code from a dealer and finding a place online that can mix the paint and put it in a spray can. They do that now days and it cost about $12 a can. You shouldn't need more than 6-8 cans to do a 135 with. Here is a before picture so you can see what I was dealing with and then after. I found a cleaner at Auto Zone called Super degreaser in a purple bottle that worked wonders for diesel fuel stains.

MT372Tractor005.jpg

tractorb4after013.jpg

tractorb4after022.jpg

aquarium031508094.jpg

Thanks,
Bill

The only thing I need lime green paint for is 2fenders 1 hood 4wheels. Your blue=black on my yanny. I got the gloss black under control. I only plan to wet sand the above componets and shoot. Getting a descent pigment content is my concern? would't 3cans get your white done(of course not pro results like yours)? It's hard to say w/out pic, I know. I cleaned up, rust converted(I'm a beleiver in that stuf, let cure/out/of/rain-2wks/then prime-1wk/paint, i've had good results) the bad spots and primed, rust stopped ,prime holding good.

Purple stuff did a number on your bell housing/steer-box,good tip,thanks.:)