MITSUBISHI MT372 questions

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #11  
Here is what I had on the sheet metal to paint + the rear wheels not shown. I used 2 qts color and 3 qts clear. The blue was sprayed with Old ford blue engine paint that is good to 700 degrees and is tough as nails. I put on several, several light coats in between drying. It turned out really well. I used about 7-8 cans as there was a lot of waste on the small parts (brackets,bolts,tray,side screens,etc). I painted the small parts then the rest of the chassis and then installed the small parts so every nook and cranny got paint in it. Hope this helps.

029.jpg

Bill

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #12  
wow on that dream paint job! Guy I got mine from repainted it -- while it was still together, now I have paint on every bolt nut and rod!

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #13  
Thanks! I removed and tumbled most of the bolts and repainted before installing. About 60% of the bolts are new zinc metrics like the originals.
I really hate overspray and like to take my time in doing things.

Bill

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #14  
Hope I can piggy back off this thread. I'm looking at a 1988 MT372 (450 hours) with diesel and two wheel drive. It comes only with a home made scraper/box blade without tines. Good shape, no apparent leaks and recent clutch replacement.

He's local (central TX) and asking $3k even. Good price, fair price? It's hard to get a comp on the internet because most come with a loader, MMM or shedder, etc. or have 4wd.

I was actually looking at a new Kubota BX2350 but this would be easier on the pocket book.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #15  
for an 88 model that would probably be close to a good asking price for it. As long as the sheet metal is in good shape and no issues with motor. A lot of times the area you are buying in determines a price , I know it is that way around here. I hope this helps.

Bill

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #16  
Thanks for the answer

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #17  
Russelld2350 said:
it is a cat 0 hitch. unscrupulous dealers will tell you it is a cat 1. unsuitable for even a small 4 foot mower. Not made for use in the united sates. unsuitable for use by americans. mitsu, yanmar, hinomoto, iseki, all useless junk. They are cheap for a reason.

There's a lot of venom in your posts Russell2350, perhaps you could tell us exactly why.

First, I never found a cheap new Japanese tractor, very few used Japanese tractors are cheap, for a good reason, they last and last..so they hold much of their value.

Many TBN'ers love their Japanese tractors, so your opinion is fairly unique. I for one loved my Japanese made John Deere 770 (sold it to buy a bigger machine), that little beauty was built to last many years. I now have a Japanese made Kubota and find it too is made with incredible quality.

Somewhere you've had a bad experience and feel it's your duty to warn everybody to stay away from the vast majority (Japanese built) of all small tractors? You will find yourself lonely on these forums if you continue your crusade against tractors owned by most of the people on TBN..;)

If you're a troll... we've seen 'em before, we'll see 'em again.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #18  
Russelld2350 said:
it is a cat 0 hitch. unscrupulous dealers will tell you it is a cat 1. unsuitable for even a small 4 foot mower. Not made for use in the united sates. unsuitable for use by americans. mitsu, yanmar, hinomoto, iseki, all useless junk. They are cheap for a reason.

Good luck on finding a small tractor that is made in USA. Maybe a JD dealer may sell ya something that has a USA stamp on it.

Your unscrupulous dealer is correct on a 372 Mitsubishi, I have nothing but cat 1 implements, they all fit and the pto turns in the western direction.

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #19  
funny thing is, the guy I bought my MT18D from claimed it has a cat 1, but acutally it is a mixture between cat 0 and cat 1. bolt and hole diameters are cat 1 but distances between the lower mounts (and top mount) are cat 0...

I think most people just don't know that not only the diameters of the bolts define a category but also distances of the mounts.
somewhere in this forum I stumpled upon a nice PDF which explains all categories very nicely.

edit: here's a nice site
TractorData.com - Three-Point Hitch

/ MITSUBISHI MT372 questions #20  
I just Picked up a MT372D 2Wheel drive with belly mower and a rear scraper blade. Needs a new seat.I even got the manual......Real nice shape stored in doors all it's life.... I know you wont believe this but I paid !!!!! Get this

450.00 Yeah 450.00 Guy dint care because he bought a cub because it kept throwing the mowing belt and breaking it....I will post pics later you have to see this thing.. I know nobody will believe me but ask my wife he wanted 500.00 for it..I almost died when she said to the guy Quote 450.00! He said I have to ask my wife. Then he said ah 450.00 is good......Holly crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!