TC33D wont start

/ TC33D wont start #71  
Just caught up with your post. Really sounds like a glow plug circuit problem to me. I had problems with a TC33 and found the glow plug relay to be bad, really bad design in my view. A timer that is part of the relay and they burn out, cost I think 50 bucks which is a joke, and are not even needed in the hot summers.

I went through my circuits pretty completely and decided to simply bypass the relay and put on a simple push button on the dash(momentary on) which I use when needed for no more than 5 seconds.

If your relay was stuck, certainly would run down your batter fast and also damage glow plugs so you probably are in the right area.

/ TC33D wont start #72  
Wow, this has been a lengthy post with a lot of very good info on the NH starting problem. My 2007 TC40A just developed the solenoid click a few weeks ago after using it for about 2 hrs bushogging. I kept turning the ign. switch quickly until it started. I noticed while I was working the switch that tha PTO light came on several times and stayed on through several cycles of the switch. It has done this 3 or 4 times since and I have blamed the starter solenoid for the problem. Haven't had time to work on it yet but this post has put me in the right direction. I printed the wireing diagram for the solenoid circuit upgrade to do that first then the push button Glow plug switch and new ign. switch will be next to rid my tractor of the poor factory setup. Thanks to all of you who take the time to post your experiences on this site.

/ TC33D wont start #73  
Another issue I have seen is the limit switch for my seat. Oddly enough, happened over the weekend. The glow plugs worked fine, good voltage and a click when attempting to start. I figured the circuit was seeing an open for the seat limit switch.

I took the switch off the seat and "mechanically agitated" the button until I heard a clicking sound. At first no sound in the switch, then must have cleaned the corrosion off the switch and worked like a champ. I sprayed contact improvement spray down into the switch and after that no problems. i figure the switch gets corroded sitting for periods of time. i will be getting a new switch at my dealer in the very near future so the winter won't be an issue.

elbmas
2003 TC29D

/ TC33D wont start #74  
Those switches can also freeze/ice up in the "open" position, and those welded contact bars for those switches can break off as well.

/ TC33D wont start #75  
Sounds like our tractor when we first got it (used). Check ALL heavy electrical cables (battery, starter, solenoid, etc.) and make sure they ar TIGHT... if so, check keyswitch and/or starter relay (if equipped).

/ TC33D wont start #76  
hi great post, my problem is very similar with my tc33d i have good voltage with no drop at the starter(when turning key) but i have no voltage at the solenoid wire from the switch i have continuity at the safety switches from the pto and trans interlocks, glow plugs work fine. i read about a seat interlock but didn't find wires or a switch any where around the seat area, it will turn right over if i jump the solenoid (from bat post on starter). when turning the key to start position i hear a relay click but no voltage to the solenoid so i am assuming the switch is good (haven't had time to remove it yet) fuses on the left side fuse block all good,any ideas
George

/ TC33D wont start #79  
Hello everyone!
I found the site recently when my TC33D experienced the ignition problem. All of the same symptoms.
I called James at Simpson Tractor in WI & he was very helpful & sent all the parts I needed for the relay upgrade.
I just went through the whole installation & have the same dam problem:mad:

Ignition switch has power in the off position but dims way down to 6 or so volts when the key is turned to the run position. Relays are clicking & squealing faintly. All power dies off when ignition switch is turned to the start position.

I feel like pushing it off a cliff.

David the suicidal New Holland owner..............

/ TC33D wont start #80  
... BUY the Repair Manual (or at least the wiring diagram).