3-Point Hitch Missing lift arm ball!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #22  
After reading this thread I have learned a few very valuable things:
1- if you don't pay attention your pin can wear out and cause you to lose your balls
2- once you lose a ball - it can be hard to find you ball. Some guys are really unlucky and lose both balls!
3- a good dealer can hope you get new balls. But you need to be careful because the new blue balls are different than the old blue balls
4- to be prepared you should keep a few extra balls on hand. A ball in the hand is worth two in the bush, some say.
5- I could go on and on...

/ Missing lift arm ball! #24  
Since I've had both a TN75S and now a TN75D I have a few extra balls. I use both Cat 1 & Cat II equipment. When I tried to get my Cat II balls out I was unsuccessful and gave up. I use Cat II to Cat I sleeves.

Just how do you get those darn balls out? Which way do you have to turn them?

Thanks Andy

/ Missing lift arm ball! #25  
Not in this part of the country. The Fiat balls have a special flat/ridge machined into one area of the outside diameter.

so does all the ones for a massey and a tafe tractor and the ones i get for the 10 and 30 series fords

/ Missing lift arm ball!
TO REMOVE THE BALL: Just let the retaining pin fall out and the next time you look, the ball will be missing! If you want to remove the ball, spin the ball so the part with the indentations face forward and slide it out towards the outside of the lift arm. If it doesn't come out with the indentations one way, spin it left to right so the other side faces out. It will slide out. Unless the ball doesn't move and is rusted in the arm!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #27  
so does all the ones for a massey and a tafe tractor and the ones i get for the 10 and 30 series fords

OK I was thinking you were using the original Ford balls in the Fiats, but it is the other way around. So what source do you have for the aftermarket Fiat-style balls?

/ Missing lift arm ball! #28  
OK I was thinking you were using the original Ford balls in the Fiats, but it is the other way around. So what source do you have for the aftermarket Fiat-style balls?

A&I has them for the massey's that will work

/ Missing lift arm ball! #30  

A&I has them for the massey's that will work

RickB said:
Thanks, I'll check that. I do quite a bit with A&I.

Hey, guys, let us know if that will work. I bought the last one that the dealer had, and he said they couldn't seem to get them in. Had a bunch on backorder. I'd really like to have a couple of spares on hand. Thanks.