3-Point Hitch Missing lift arm ball!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #11  
I hope it sprouts without rain! My garden is just about lost, due to lack of rain in July. The good news is, I only mowed about 50 acres in the last two weeks. All I have to do is walk the 50 acres and it will be waiting for me!

Good luck walking. Most of the time when lift arm balls fall to the ground they land with eyes down and therefore grow down into the ground. Rare occasion they land eyes up and sprout the next spring bearing bountiful harvest of new lift arm balls

/ Missing lift arm ball! #12  
Good luck walking. Most of the time when lift arm balls fall to the ground they land with eyes down and therefore grow down into the ground. Rare occasion they land eyes up and sprout the next spring bearing bountiful harvest of new lift arm balls

If they don't get lost in pairs, they won't pollinate.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #13  
Last night, I finished raking about 90 acres of hay meadows. This morning, I noticed that one of my lift arm balls is missing on the TN70A. I've had this tractor for over 3 years and that's the first time that it's happened to me. Looks like a trip to the NH dealer. :mad:

/ Missing lift arm ball! #14  
Well, good news and bad news.

The local NH dealer had one hanging on the pegboard behind the parts counter. (but, only one) Said that they're having trouble getting them in.

Bad news is they cost $25 each!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #15  
Makes you appreciate the good old days when it was common to have a local machinist around that could just whip one up.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #16  
Makes you appreciate the good old days when it was common to have a local machinist around that could just whip one up.

Makes me appreciate the lift arms that don't have them dang little balls! :thumbsup: Cat II to Cat I bushings are cheap! ;)

/ Missing lift arm ball!
Good news! If you loose your balls, after market ones are only $8.00! Lesson to be learned, check your balls often! Original ones are hard to find and expensive!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #18  

Ah yeah the good old days. Dealing with a cantankerous old machinist and waiting 3 weeks for the part and going back into the shop and your old part is still where you placed it on his workbench 3 weeks earlier........