3-Point Hitch Missing lift arm ball!

/ Missing lift arm ball! #31  
TO REMOVE THE BALL: Just let the retaining pin fall out and the next time you look, the ball will be missing! If you want to remove the ball, spin the ball so the part with the indentations face forward and slide it out towards the outside of the lift arm. If it doesn't come out with the indentations one way, spin it left to right so the other side faces out. It will slide out. Unless the ball doesn't move and is rusted in the arm!

Ken for the record six years later what you posted is what seller show us how to do it when be bought a mid 1960's Ford 3000 diesel. It came with Cat 1 ball and the Cat 2's were $6.99 each at TSC today.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #32  
I know this is an old thread, but I have just stumbled across it. A thought (from a newbie tractor owner) .... if the balls tend to fall out, might there be merit in using a cable tie to secure them to the arm when there is not an implement attached? A few seconds to attach a few cents worth of cable ties, might save a lot of anguish and cost trying to replace a lost ball.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #33  
That solution should be good. Now I just drop them into the tool box.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #34  
I know this is an old thread, but I have just stumbled across it. A thought (from a newbie tractor owner) .... if the balls tend to fall out, might there be merit in using a cable tie to secure them to the arm when there is not an implement attached? A few seconds to attach a few cents worth of cable ties, might save a lot of anguish and cost trying to replace a lost ball.

The cable ties would work. But, you would have to cut them and then replace them every time you hooked up something to the 3PH.
I started using a tarp strap. (heavy duty bungee cord) When I hook up to the 3PH, I just move the strap to the fuel tank straps, right behind the ROPS.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #35  
I started using a tarp strap. (heavy duty bungee cord) When I hook up to the 3PH, I just move the strap to the fuel tank straps, right behind the ROPS.

Bungee is a great idea. Better than my cable tie one.

/ Missing lift arm ball! #36  
I just had one fall out of a lift arm on my TN55. I was lucky enough to find it lying on the ground, but I just can't seem to get it back in. Is there a trick to this that I'm not clever enough to figure out?

/ Missing lift arm ball! #37  
It's worn that's why they fall out...It should go back in but it will fall out again They make weld on ends to fix it....