Diesel additive

/ Diesel additive #11  
I have an even easier way: I poke a hole about the size of a 16d nail in the foil and squirt some in the 5 gal can or right in the tank. I figure I can guess pretty good about a "double shot" or a little less. If in doubt, squirt again. If I'm really off and I only get 1 oz/5gal, that's better than nothing. If I'm really off and I get 3 oz, it won't hurt a thing.

/ Diesel additive #12  
I do the truck and the tractor with my calibrated,scientific,certified,gauranteed,exact,foolproof ...........
splash:cool:

/ Diesel additive #13  
I have a "Ratio Rite" cup for mixing 2-stroke dirtbike/atv fuel. It has graduations on it for various ratios, broken down for various volumes of gas. So, 50:1 mix in 5 gallons takes a pint, while 50:1 mix in 2.5 gallons takes 1/2 pint(the numbers are wrong, but you get the idea). They cost about $5 and are great for mixing things in the garage(with plenty of ventilation :D

/ Diesel additive #14  
firemanpat2910 said:
I do the truck and the tractor with my calibrated,scientific,certified,gauranteed,exact,foolproof ...........
splash:cool:
I use the "glug glug" method. A couple of glugs is equal to one slosh.

/ Diesel additive #15  
I use one of those measuring cup things that often come with stuff like Roundup. Two tablespoonfuls (15 cc each) = 1 ounce (30 cc). Just dole them out into the diesel container and move it around a bit and maybe let sit for a spell before using.

If you really want accuracy, go to teaspoonfuls (5 cc each), 6/ounce.

You really don't need to be that accurate though.

Ralph

/ Diesel additive #16  
I add stabil to all my fuel as well -- so I took an empty bottle of stabil, filled it half with new stabil and half power service - then use the measure on it to add both at the same time. I marked the diesel stabil bottle very well so I don't confuse the stabil + ps bottle vs. the plain stabil bottle that I use for gas.

/ Diesel additive #17  
I use power service and have noticed that since diesel is going low sulfur that the power service has increased in price. Now when I was just in TSC to pickup another container of power service I see these new stickers on the container for the low sulfur diesel and it is now around $14.00

Before all this talk of low sulfur I use to get it all the time for around $9.00

/ Diesel additive #19  
Hard said:
I used to be very careful when I measued out the Power Service to add to my diesel fuel. Now I just dump one slosh of Power Service to 5 gallons of diesel. A slosh = 2 ounces. The Power Service bottles have a scale on side to help measure the size of slosh.

Yup, I just 'guestimate".....

/ Diesel additive #20  
Just dole them out into the diesel container and move it around a bit and maybe let sit for a spell before using.

Hot Tip: Put the additive in the 5 gal container before you get it filled.

Filling the container stirs the contents much better than any amount of sloshing the container around can ever do.