Diesel additive

/ Diesel additive #43  
rback33 said:
Bob.. U can get me one of those for Christmas...:D

Only if you move to Europe, the place where "real" people care about the environment :D
Bob

/ Diesel additive #44  
Hey- I figure if you can spend 1+ Million on a toy, (and there are two of them in the USA) you probably aren't going to drive it much on the pot-holed roads we enjoy, so even at 9 MPG you wouldn't be using much fuel. It's the 3 billion Chinese who crave mini-SUV's (maybe they don't crave them yet, but they will, when they get enough of our dollars) that will be the problem. As for the Europeans, maybe you haven't noticed that they are using about only 25% of the energy we use, per person, and they still seem concerned about using even that much. Sure, they live deprived lives, eat bad food, drink wine and lousey German beer instead of Bud, but they still get by. Maybe Global warming will happen no matter what we do, but what if we are really speeding things up, making them worse?

/ Diesel additive #45  
varmint said:
Hey- I figure if you can spend 1+ Million on a toy, (and there are two of them in the USA) you probably aren't going to drive it much on the pot-holed roads we enjoy, so even at 9 MPG you wouldn't be using much fuel. It's the 3 billion Chinese who crave mini-SUV's (maybe they don't crave them yet, but they will, when they get enough of our dollars) that will be the problem. As for the Europeans, maybe you haven't noticed that they are using about only 25% of the energy we use, per person, and they still seem concerned about using even that much. Sure, they live deprived lives, eat bad food, drink wine and lousey German beer instead of Bud, but they still get by. Maybe Global warming will happen no matter what we do, but what if we are really speeding things up, making them worse?

Hey, careful now. I like my molases thick German beer. :)

/ Diesel additive #46  
varmint said:
As for the Europeans, maybe you haven't noticed that they are using about only 25% of the energy we use, per person, and they still seem concerned about using even that much.

I applaud the Europeans for wanting to reduce their energy use. I hope they keep trying harder. More for me :D :D What am I doing? Hmmm, ride my bicycle to and from work (try that in Wisconsin during the winter!), installed a solar hot water heater, insulated the heck out of my home, run compact fluorescents everywhere. I challenge any EURO to compete with my efforts.
Bob

/ Diesel additive #47  
cp1969 said:
This is what I'm looking for. If you could point us to some of those cases, I'd appreciate it because I've looked and can't find any. We used to haul fuel to a few truck lines and bus fleets and none of them, not a single one, added anything to the fuel we took them.

I work for a large municipal fleet, 1043 buses to be exact.

we use somewhere between 50-60 thousand gallons of diesel fuel a day.

we don't buy any of the additives. they dont work.

only additive we have ever had to use was biocide, and that was when the tanks were underground and they got water and microbes growing in them

vendor was here recently with ( I forget the name of product but it made some pretty big claims regarding fuel economy improvement) and we let him run the stuff in three vehicles for a month.

looked at the data and said "aint interested".

not the first time, wont be the last.

we just take advantage of em just like they take advantage of the general public, and if they want to give us the stuff for free to test, we let em, but I've never seen any of it show documentable increases in performance or economy.

its EZ enuf for us to track because we fuel those vehicles everyday and electronically tabulate that info .