Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor?

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor?
Search Craigs lists and Ebay for tractors. I bought mine off ebay, guy was in Cleveland.

We purchased a 1991 Case IH 1140 with a belly mower. I believe belly mowers are finishing mowers right? Going to TSC to buy this DIRT BUCKET

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #22  
Congrads.

Chris

Correct FM finish mower.

got to post some pics!!

Did, its in Owning/Operating as its own topic

Some of the abbreveations (sp?) are throwing me for a loop in here. Took me forever to get FEL. There are still some I dont get.

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #25  

Search this site for "acronyms". There was a thread a year or two back where most of them got defined. Or search for 3RRL. I think he was the one who wrote most of the list.

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #26  
Jeezus Krist....you go from lookin' at a real man-maker in an 8/9n to a dolly-rig like a glorified lawn mower?

Ain't even in the same phone book, my sir.

:).......

Jeezus Krist....you go from lookin' at a real man-maker in an 8/9n to a dolly-rig like a glorified lawn mower?

Ain't even in the same phone book, my sir.

:).......

I expect I got that coming. I think I made a good decision though. I am still interested in the 8n's actually. I think I would like to restore one. I think they are nice looking in a restored condition.

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #28  
Not at all......I kid you, I kid you. That's a very clean looking 17 year old tractor and I'm sure you'll find a lot of use for it.

My dad has a Ford NAA (followed the 8n in production, slightly bigger) and it's the tractor I grew up on. A few years ago he fell bass-ackwards into a little Kubota 25hp rig.....HST, FEL, FWA, all the goodies. I still prefer the 8n/NAA because I'm so comfortable with them but that little Kubota can do some amazing things for its size and hp rating and do them very economically when it comes to fuel use.

Good luck and enjoy......

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #29  
FYI

9N = 1939 start production date
2N = 1942 start production date
8N = 1952 start production date

The deal with the left brake on the left is a huge deal breaker. !!!!

Think about this, you want to stop quickly, what do you do? Hit the brake with the right foot and the clutch with the left. What happens? Tractor spins hard to the right as only the right brake is activated!! If you are going too fast, flips-ville. You have to clutch, shift to N, then stomp with both feet at the same time. No such thing as a fast stop with the 2N

jb

Come on guys.. all you ford 9n/2n owners know you can adjust the left side pedals so you can clutch and brake at the same time! ( plus production date wrong fo rhte 8n )

soundguy

/ Difference between a 8N tractor and a 9N tractor? #30  
When I wasA kid I grew up on Dad's old 2N.It had A hand lever on the left brake that got used alot.As far as the tractor making A hard right turn,we all know those brakes didn't work that good.:rolleyes: Also watched the ol man mow with the old BMB mower with no overide clutch.He went through A few fences before he finally bought one.