Idea to monitor/secure a tractor

/ Idea to monitor/secure a tractor #31  
Here you go, trip wire activated pepper spray:

AB-2000 pepper spray anti-burglary device

Just don't forget it's there!!

Or you could buy the paint and stickers to make it look like one of the chinese tractor brands :laughing: There's one near me that's sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign. No ones bothered it in 3 months...

/ Idea to monitor/secure a tractor #32  
If doable, jack the tractor remove one or both front wheels and leave tractor on jackstands. They may steal parts but they are not taking the whole tractor unless they bring wheels.

or a rollback.. or build skids out of 2x4 in 5 minutes and have a winch AND you have to put the wheels back on before you use it.

sounds like fun :(

as has been said.. over and over for years.

an armed guard is about the only way to be 99% sure it's safe.. and insurance is the 100% way.

past that.. if someone wants it bad enough.. they will get it..

soundguy

/ Idea to monitor/secure a tractor #33  
If I remember correctly,
On Verizon family plan you can purchase or add a GPS phone to your cell phone family plan and allow GPS tracking on that phone. Install it in a secure place on the tractor with a 12 v charger. Don,t know how much that cost. Parents use that system to locate their children.
You then should have 24 hr tracking on that phone.

I would then add a small solar panel outside hooked up to the tractor battery to charge it, then a hidden cellphone that is setup for tracking as described above and charged from the tractor battery.
If you want to track it when in the container as well, put in a small piece of plexiglass (2x2"?) and mount a passive repeater antenna to it (Such as: Amazon.com: Wilson Electronics Dual Band Glass Mount High Gain Cellular Antenna with 14-inch Coax: Cell Phones & Accessories )

That will look like you have the tractor setup to trickle charge with the solar panel (could even get a couple of 12v LED lights and a battery to setup inside the container to make it look like you are powering lights inside too)

Aaron Z

/ Idea to monitor/secure a tractor #34  
Hey check out my site below for my profile and feel free to give me a call to go over things if you want... I have been using cameras for years on my property!

/ Idea to monitor/secure a tractor #35  
Just buy insurance through Kubota and don't worry about it. Even if you don't finance through them you can still get the insurance. It is very reasonable and protects basically everything on the tractor, even if it's your fault something happens.

I have it on my Kubota and leave mine out on job sites all the time, all I do is take out the key. In your situation, good insurance and a simple lock on the door of the container would be the best bet IMO. Most likely you will need neither, but it will give you piece of mind.