Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 210LE, Case 580CK Series B Backhoe, 1991 Econoline 12Ton Backhoe Trailer, WoodMizer LT40 Log Mill

Default Dusty nose question?

I'm working in a very dusty place. Inches thick on the ground. Now it's inches thick in my nose. What is the best dust mask or solution you use successfully? I think I need a firehose to clean my nose. Any help would be very, very appreciated.
    edkemper

Veteran Member

Default Re: Dusty nose question?

Must dust masks are pretty much the same and none a 100%. If you want 100%, ...or as close to it, try this one.
    3M 6900 Full-Face Respirator - Large H-1472 - Uline

I used this once while painting with some poly paint and it worked, so I thought I'd give it a try on the tractor. Laugh all you want, but the dust in the Southwest will kill you.
    Valley fever Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Out my way the dust will give you flu system and could give you a thing called Valley Fever. A friend of mine dies from valley fever in Tucson. That's why I went with a closed cab, because of the dust. I got tired of 4 days of flu symptoms after a hard day on an open tractor. The mask above looks strange on a tractor, but it sure did do the trick for me. It not only keeps the dust out, but my eyes would have mud in them when I got home, and they felt like sand paper between the eyelids, so this does take care of both - eyes and nose.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 240, JD Z950A, JD 4115

Buy a Wolfsnout. I have been using them for a couple years now. they are awesome for what you need. they are light, washable, easy to breath through, and definitely stop the dust and pollen. They are a sponsor over on Lawnsite. There is a large thread going about them in one of the commercial mowing forums. They use them in the military for desert conditions, off road racing, and now lawn care for all of us who have to deal with the dust from our mowers constantly, plus as already mentioned, the pollen. They may look funny, but once you use one, you'll wonder why someone didn't invent them a long time ago-

Wolfsnout® OFF ROAD #1 MOTOCROSS/ATV/UTV DUST MASK/FILTER/OFFROAD

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ml#post3243370

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
    Buy a Wolfsnout. I have been using them for a couple years now. they are awesome for what you need. they are light, washable, easy to breath through, and definitely stop the dust and pollen. They are a sponsor over on Lawnsite. There is a large thread going about them in one of the commercial mowing forums. They use them in the military for desert conditions, off road racing, and now lawn care for all of us who have to deal with the dust from our mowers constantly, plus as already mentioned, the pollen. They may look funny, but once you use one, you'll wonder why someone didn't invent them a long time ago-

Wolfsnout® OFF ROAD #1 MOTOCROSS/ATV/UTV DUST MASK/FILTER/OFFROAD
    I think I would pay the $25 for this over the full face of $153 without filter cartriges. I would have to be in some pretty noxious stuff to pay that for a filter mask. No doubt it is good but from my days in the Army having to wear full face gear it was super hot but better than sniffing tear gas.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I have 3M 5000 series (like: 3M 5000 Reusable Respirators in Stock - ULINE), it was $35ish at Lowes a few years back with activated carbon filters.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    — Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I think I would pay the $25 for this over the full face of $153 without filter cartriges. I would have to be in some pretty noxious stuff to pay that for a filter mask. No doubt it is good but from my days in the Army having to wear full face gear it was super hot but better than sniffing tear gas.
    Give the Wolfsnout a try. You will really be impressed. It isn't hot to wear, and it really works. it is not for poisonous gas or other toxic fumes, but it keeps pollen and dust out so well that many guys who mow for a living are switching to them. No more black snot, and you can breath a lot easier at the end of the day. I am in no way associated with them. I just know a good and useful product when I use it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realize that. I was actually going to get in touch with Tim and tell him he should advertise here.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

This so weird. Friday I mowed the yard and in the middle of it I'm driving around sneezing my fool head off because of the dust and pollen. I took some meds, but sneezed up until I went to bed. Got up Saturday and my ribs were slightly sore from sneezing so hard. I had to do some push mowing yesterday on a slope and grabbed an old paper mask. It worked, but I knew I needed something better. I didn't open up TBN to look for this Wolfsnout and had put it on the Wally-World list to look for some hospital type masks, but open up here and what do I see - this thread. Just ordered a Wolfsnout. We'll see how it goes.
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Daver1963 View Post
    This so weird. Friday I mowed the yard and in the middle of it I'm driving around sneezing my fool head off because of the dust and pollen. I took some meds, but sneezed up until I went to bed. Got up Saturday and my ribs were slightly sore from sneezing so hard. I had to do some push mowing yesterday on a slope and grabbed an old paper mask. It worked, but I knew I needed something better. I didn't open up TBN to look for this Wolfsnout and had put it on the Wally-World list to look for some hospital type masks, but open up here and what do I see - this thread. Just ordered a Wolfsnout. We'll see how it goes.
    You will be really impressed. I have pretty bad allergies, and they are getting worse as I get older. It makes my job a real PITA in early spring and during the fall. My Wolfsnout masks have saved me a lot of problems/aggravations since I first got them. They also have goggles that seal the eyes off from pollen and dust now.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast