Dusty nose question?

/ Dusty nose question?
I have to admit, I know where to go for the best help. I just ordered my Wolfsnout. Look forward to trying it out. I could have planted a few trees with the dirt that ended up coming out of my nose. Thank you guys. I will think of you fondly every time I get on my tractor. What a great resource TBN and it's members are.

/ Dusty nose question? #12  
Just make sure to wear it correctly. The natural thing to do is to want to wear it over the chin, but that is wrong. It rides on the chin instead, and the foam flap at the top of the cup goes up and curls under your nostrils to seal them off. Once you get used to wearing where it should be instead of what feels instinctive, you will be quite happy to have it.

Also, many of us who have been using them have reported on Lawnsite that you can forget you have it on, and start holding your breath when going through a dust cloud like we always did. No need to though.

/ Dusty nose question?
Good thing it seals around and under the nose. I sport a full, out of control beard like Grizzly Adams. I also wear googles over my glasses. I usually have to take my googles down often to defog my glasses. I have to admit, I am excited to get it and try it out. My nose will thank you all.

/ Dusty nose question? #14  
Good thing it seals around and under the nose. I sport a full, out of control beard like Grizzly Adams. I also wear googles over my glasses. I usually have to take my googles down often to defog my glasses. I have to admit, I am excited to get it and try it out. My nose will thank you all.

I keep a goatee myself. I guess that must be you in your avatar. :laughing:

/ Dusty nose question?
RG,

The avatar is the best one of the family. :thumbsup:

/ Dusty nose question? #16  
RG,

The avatar is the best one of the family. :thumbsup:

Whew, glad it was of your family. For a minute there, I thought you had saw me out somewhere and took it without my permission. Then I zoomed in and realized it couldn't be me. I don't look that good.:laughing::laughing:

/ Dusty nose question? #17  
Does anyone wear sunglasses and has tried one of these. If yes, did it still work to your satisfaction. If it did, I'm ordering one for myself and my Dad.

/ Dusty nose question? #18  
Does anyone wear sunglasses and has tried one of these. If yes, did it still work to your satisfaction. If it did, I'm ordering one for myself and my Dad.

If you mean wear sunglasses with a Wolfsnout, yes, I do it every day. The good thing about the WS is that it doesn't fog up your glasses when you breath like other masks do.

Don't just take my word for it either. Go over to lawnsite and read the threads going about the WS in the commercial mowing forums.

/ Dusty nose question? #19  
Ah, OK, sounds like Wolfsnout is fine. That said, I've no dog (i.e., product) in this discussion, and a decent mask, such as all use daily in every operating room or microcircuit manufacturer in the US, will catch most stuff and is not expensive (box of 100, disposable). Yeah, there are N95 grade masks (also disposable, in 100 packs) that are certified to prevent TB and such, but for most pollens, much less basic dust, they are overkill. And, if you get your schnozzle full of stuff, try a generic salt water spray (real cheap), to flush it out. There are nasal irrigators that flush everything, but that's overkill too. Finally, if you've major pollen issues, and it's "the season", take a non-sedating (sleepy on a tractor is NOT good) antihistamine (OTC - fexofenadine and cetirizine better than loratidine) about an hour before you head outside to weed whack, mow or whatever all day.
Take care out there.....nothing's gonna kill you (at least nothing I've seen on my property) but you can get kinda miserable if allergies flare.

/ Dusty nose question?
cisco,

Do you have a link to these masks you recommend? I'm not suffering from allergies. I am the one that asked the question in the first place. I bought the cheap masks that cover my nose. But when driving through a dust storm (driving on soft silt) the dust goes around the masks and not through them and there is no way these masks filter anything out. The only dirt on the outside of them seems to be my dirty fingerprints.

Do you have a link to a product that works as well as, or better than the wolfsnout (WS) and isn't over a hundred bucks?

It seems there are a lot of people swearing by the WS and I'd bet the farm they've all tried the cheap masks that don't seem to work.