WIX Filters vs OEM Filters

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #41  
But WIX still GETS IT WRONG and specs the wrong fuel filter for my BX-2230, this is a big screwup and will NOT USE WIX because of errors like this specifying the correct filter.

Part Details

A 50 micron screen is no where near the correct filter.

David

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #42  
Messick's will probably not reveal what their cost is on a filter and their mark up margin but I doubt it is as lucrative as the auto parts dealers. I would bet all the margin is on the Kubota side.
Ron

Its not even in the same realm as Napa, I can tell you that. I'm not sure any OEM is even getting rich on filters themsevles. There are just more mouths to feed. There are some prices on equipment parts that are astronomicly high, but when it comes to consumable like filters, blades, etc they are generally priced very close to comprable quality stuff.

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #43  
... but when it comes to consumable like filters, blades, etc they are generally priced very close to comprable quality stuff.

This is why I have long argued to buy OEM filters. They are about the same in price and you know the pressure relief is correct for the engine and the media is what it ought to be. I used to cross filters numbers endlessly trying to save 10 cents but when you compare the pressure numbers, they aren't exactly the same. Spend the 10 cents for OEM, save the time and spend it playing with the kids or seat time on the tractor.

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #44  
Yes, the Wix filter is $13.60 and the Kubota was $11.50.
I normally use WIX filters for everything. They make a good filter and I can get them at the local parts store. I will be needing a few filters for the tractor fairly soon.... so I crossed my numbers over to WIX and checked prices online at O'reilly for the WIX (where I buy them locally) and Kubota filters at Messicks. The WIX filters were more expensive than Kubota. I don't need them yet so I haven't bought them. I'll probably end up with the Kubota filters because I also need to get some UDT... so I'll just make a trip to the dealer (25 miles away) next time I head in their direction.

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #45  
The Kubota dealer does not price at Fleet Discount or Military Discount. My discounts at NAPA for WIX or their rebranded WIX bring filter costs to almost 1/2 the shelf price. Try getting your K dealer to meet that price.

Ron