Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,201  
I've had one of their "better" ones for 12+ years and it has worked very well. This is the one with the red Goodyear rubber hose, 25'. The only complaint is that it does leak down every so slightly. I just turn my compressor off at the tank to fix that problem.

I notice the same thing. It doesn't affect function but there is a slow leak down so I just try to remember to turn the compressor off when I leave.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,202  
Anybody have any experience with the HF retractable air hose reel? I'm tired of air hose rats nests and these look like they may solve that problem .

Don't waste your money. They do not lock without a lot of effort on your part.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,203  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,204  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,205  
Thanks for the reviews - I think I'll get the one with the crank and be done with it for under $20! I think if I carry the free end back to the reel before I start rewinding I won't have to worry about dragging the fittings on the ground.

I don't think it would matter. I've been dragging my hoses and ends and driving over them and banging them around for years and never had a problem. I always use quick disconnect ends if that matters.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,206  
I've had 3 of the 25' HF reels in my shop for 5 years now and really like them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,207  
Bumping this thread for the 90 AMP MIG Welder and the 4.5 amp angle grinder ($10 with coupon!). I've had them for a couple of years, have done some very minor work with them. This past weekend, used them to repair a home-made trailer that had been abandoned on my property. Welded on a new coupler, repaired a couple of broken welds in the frame. The welder worked great.

The lug nuts on one of the wheels were rusted solid. Couldn't break them loose with penetrating oil and a 4' long breaker bar. Ended up using the angle grinder and a cutting wheel to cut the lug nuts and bolts off. Heavy work for a 4.5 amp angle grinder, but it soldiered right through without complaint.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,208  
And speaking of trailers:

Anybody own a set of Harbor Freight loading ramps? Any feedback on performance?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,209  
I have the ramps. They are fine, labled by a number of other companies, meaning they are the same sold by Sears and a few other places. As they are cheap, a guy I know bolted two sets together for his quad, so they are doublewide. Downside is that they are short, thus steep assuming you are going to a bed of a truck. With a motorcycle its a big PITA. Quad not so much as you can drive the quad up. There are expensive, yet much longer ramps, a budd of mine who builds custom choppers uses.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,210  
I have the ramps. They are fine, labled by a number of other companies, meaning they are the same sold by Sears and a few other places. As they are cheap, a guy I know bolted two sets together for his quad, so they are doublewide. Downside is that they are short, thus steep assuming you are going to a bed of a truck. With a motorcycle its a big PITA. Quad not so much as you can drive the quad up. There are expensive, yet much longer ramps, a budd of mine who builds custom choppers uses.

Thanks for the feedback.

These will be used with a 4x8 trailer, much lower than a truck bed, so the length should be fine. No motorcycles to worry about. Lawn tractor, ATVs, golf cart.