Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #31  
I don't know if the 350 and 500 have any common parts, but after disassembling the 500 arm I can't imagine that anything could be any lighter weight.

I doubt that there are any options except to use their board, but their distributors all have lower prices on components and repair parts than buying direct from GTO. Any chance of repairing the bad boards? It just sticks in my craw for a company to refuse to sell repair parts so they can overchage for replacements and I delight in working around them.

One other datapoint that I'll toss out is that X10 components can easily be wired in to the system. Not only are the X10 remotes much less expensive than the GTO remotes, but X10 controllers allow me to open the gate from the house and an X10 motion sensor is an easy way to open the gate for exit.

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #32  
i'd guess the damage tot he board centers around a proprietary controller chip.. not something easy to track down.. etc..

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #33  
Anyone have any suggestions for something better than the Mighty Mule. I have an MM 502 and it is garbage. Have replaced 2 boards, 2 rev counters and an entire new arm! Each time something breaks it's another hour of diagnostic BS and $200 in parts. I've heard Chamberlain/Liftmaster is the better product. Anyone have any experience w/ them? I'm looking at the Liftmaster LA 400 Dual Opener. Here's the link: LA400 - Residential DC Linear Gate Operator. Looks like a very similar design to the Mighty Mule. Worried that it will be crap too...

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #34  
apolo stuff is decent.. costs mor ethan MM.. etc..

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #35  
I'm having a high pitched squealing squeak coming from the slave opener of my 502 MM system.Any thing I should know about dis assembling the arm unit before I tear in to it? Sounds like a lack of lubricatation issue.I have been in contact with tech support and involves sending the unit across the country at a cost and a hassle.It seems it would be easier for me to take it apart and lube it up.

/ Mighty Mule Gate Opener Repair - Success #36  
it is VERY easy to open those arms up.. VERY easy..