Rim Guard --> Beet Juice

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #81  
Re: Loading vrs Not Loading

Jerry I have a NH TC-40D with 300 pounds of cast on each rear wheel plus 350 pounds on the 3-point weight bracket. It's a smooth ride with that kind of weight on the rear. The 950 pounds of cast iron allows me to use a pallet fork to unload semi trucks.

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #82  

I run 450# of Calcium in each of my rear 14.9x26 R1 rears on my Ford/New Holland 2120 which is a 43 horse. Ford recommends that you run that amount o fluid, plus metal weights, plus a load on the 3pt hitch so that the total equal the max loader lift capacity. I'm not running the metal but I always carry a 3pt hitch attachment when I do loader work. One last thing a backhoe even though it is heavy is not the best weight because it puts too much weight up high and tends to make the tractor unstable on hills where the backhoe's boom is way out over the side of the tractor.

Andy

/ Rim Guard --> Beet Juice #83  

<font color="blue"> Re: Loading vrs Not Loading [Re: PineRidge]
#338673 - 11/14/03 09:03 AM Edit Reply Quote

A backhoe even though it is heavy is not the best weight because it puts too much weight up high and tends to make the tractor unstable on hills where the backhoe's boom is way out over the side of the tractor.

</font>

Andy the comment that you made about the backhoe makes perfect sense. Most guys that don't own 3-point weight bars opt for heavy box blades because they add weight below the rear axle....