Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?
Bumping this for an update on how you like it after using it a few years.

Like it? I love it and it's been 100% perfect.

Before this I was always spilling oil or having a hard time jostling around 50 lb buckets of oil. After the first week, I have not spilled a drop and wonder why everyone doesn't have one. I can fill awkward oil and hydraulic fill spouts with ease. I can fill a quart can with oil if I feel like it. And none goes on the ground.

An unintended benefit, assuming there is one is that I can mix anything (like beneficial oil additives) that might settle to the bottom of the bucket just by sloshing things back and forth. These things are so great that if the wife says you can't buy one I'd start packing. Is that enough of a recommendation of a probably Chinese made product?

This is my occasional bump for one of the best tools I have ever used and I want to spread the joy. :D I'm shocked that Harbor Freight doesn't have them for sale. They do a great job, I can save by buying in 5 gallon pails and I have only spilled a drop or two. No disasters and I have free empty buckets when I'm done. This would benefit so many TBNers it's worth the repeat.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #23  
Thanks for the bump, I have reached the age now that I need one. :(

Northern Tool also has them:

s-l500.jpg

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #24  
You an also roll them on a table. Start with the opening at 12 o'clock to open up the spout, then slowly roll the bucket either direction to get the fluid flow going at the rate you want it to flow, then roll back a bit to stop it. The key is very gentle slow movements to prevent sloshing. Maybe not as good as a pail tipper, but the price is right. :)

A big advantage of the pail tipper is the fact I can slosh the contents around and mix up any additive pack that might have settled out. You have to presume that would have occurred after storage.

This is my shameless annual bump of my own thread on what I have found to be the easiest way I know of to get oil out of a 5 gallon bucket without spilling a drop or breaking my back. I transfer to a gallon or quart container and do oil or hyd oil effortlessly. I save $$ buying in volume and it's worth the small amount it costs. I'm still surprised Harbor Freight doesn't carry them. FYI :)

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #28  
I'm glad I read through this thread. Interesting way to dispense oil. I'm not going to buy one as I have a small shop (no room) and I don't use that many pails of oil. I do like the idea though.

I use the work bench method and slowly rotate the bucket. I usually empty the whole bucket into smaller containers in one go.

Just a heads up. Oil is not always cheaper in larger containers. I've sometimes found 2 ten liter jugs to be cheaper than one 20 liter pail. This was low viscosity Hi-Guard from the John Deere dealer

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #29  
Not for me. I do not need another thing to store. I just but the 5 gallon pail on its side on my workbench and roll it so the spout is at the right height to pour into a secondary container. There is no way you can pour from a 5 gallon into my 1710 - the hydraulic fill is between the seat and the shift levers.

Just a heads up. Oil is not always cheaper in larger containers. I've sometimes found 2 ten liter jugs to be cheaper than one 20 liter pail. This was low viscosity Hi-Guard from the John Deere dealer

Very true and you have to do the math. But motor oil for me is by far cheaper and so is transaxle fluid. I used to buy smaller containers just so I could handle it and now get a big savings and when I'm done have a free 5 gallon pail.

Over Christmas I bought some Mobil diesel motor oil on a sale for $106 for 5 gallons. Normally, it's $120 or so. Plus, I got a $50 per pail rebate (!) on the oil so my net cost was $56 for 5 gallons of top of the line synthetic Mobil diesel oil. I bought two pails.

Changing trans oil is a hassle so I put the oil from the 5 gallon pail into some 2 1/2 and gallon containers, didn't spill a drop and didn't overshoot the mark and was done in way less time. With my neighbor added in, that's 10 pails of trans oil so we did OK on it. Plus I have the pails.