Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #31  
Just a heads up. Oil is not always cheaper in larger containers. I've sometimes found 2 ten liter jugs to be cheaper than one 20 liter pail. This was low viscosity Hi-Guard from the John Deere dealer

Tru dat ^^ Mobil 1 5 qt jug at Wal-Mart is 26.99. A six pack of 1 quart bottles is 36.00 at Costco but I wait for the $10 off sales that they run and get the six pack for 26.00. That's like getting a quart for free!!

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?
Bump.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #33  
I remember using those when we mixed ag chemicals for aircraft. When you're feeding an Ag-Cat and a 188 50 acre loads you're mixing lots of batches and the speed and accuracy really pays off there.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #34  
I bought the pail tipper a year ago, and used it extensively this summer. I use mine for mixing Ag chemicals that come in 5 gallon buckets, and it has really worked well for that purpose. Wish I hadnt waited so long to try it.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #35  
I've done the "Pail Roll" like the video for oil, paint, etc. It works for 55gal. drums too, you just need a bigger area.

I bought the pail tipper a year ago, and used it extensively this summer. I use mine for mixing Ag chemicals that come in 5 gallon buckets, and it has really worked well for that purpose. Wish I hadnt waited so long to try it.

I use it for lots of engine and trans/hydraulic oils. It's hassle free and I can pour out a quart or a gallon or more and never spill a drop. As a bonus I have lots of empty 5 gallon pails for a variety of uses.

Lots of guys still spilling oil.
Bump this to the top for people not familiar with it.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #38  
I use the lever action 5-gal hand pumps (as shown earlier in this thread).

I have one for my hydraulic oil and one for my gear oil. They stay on the buckets at all times with some duct tape around the edge and over the small hole on the lid top to keep dust out (shop is very dusty). I like the clear plastic tubing that lets me see the oil flowing from the bucket on the floor to the fill hole. After I've pumped the oil in to full level, I pull the metal spout out and hold it up for a few seconds and the oil starts draining back down the tube and into the bucket. I hang the spout on something high and in 10 minutes or so, the oil has drained back to the bucket and then I put the bucket away and just hang the spout on the lever mechanism til the next servicing.

When one bucket is empty, I put a new bucket right beside and remove the lid. Move the pump onto the new bucket and tape the edges. When putting the pump onto the bucket, rotate the pump around until you get a position that lets you lift up the bucket handle properly. This will make moving the full bucket much easier.

This system has worked great for me. But I should also note that I do all this servicing in a heated shop. Not sure it would work as well if done outside in the cold as the gear oil might get too thick to flow easily.

Hope this helps!

I'm the OP and other than some oil for pickups, I have only bought tractor oil in five gallon pails since discovering this pail tipper.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #40  
These are available from a number of places for about $55. I thnk Northern Tool sells them but not Harbor Freight.
Anyone have one and do they work?

I'm just tired of trying to dump a five gallon pail of whatever into my machinery and this looks so easy.
The base is pretty large so you would need a suitable place to put it on your tractor. Now, if you set up whatever fluid you were wanting to use in the tipper on a workbench, then dump it into a smaller secondary container it would work for your uses.

Last edited: