Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #11  
The older we get the more little devices like this are a god send.
Just yesterday I was throwing 5 gallons of diesel in the truck and
holding that full puppy straight up 6' off the ground at the top and
not rubbing the paint on the truck nor getting diesel on my clothes
got me for the first time!...man, I suceeded but not pleasant it was.
I guess I am gettin' soft...I was thinking "How can I do this in the
future easier?" ............................. PUMP IT!

Be sure to maybe add a chain or a strong bungee to that thing,
if you loose a pail I am sure we will hear ya for miles ! It almost
looks like the safety is a 1/4-20 thumb screw w/ threads only in
sheet metal kinda deal...when you get it post up a pic if you can!

(When I was an 16 year old apprentice almost daily I would curl 4 sticks of
1" galvanized and throw it on my shoulder then curl it down on
to the plumbin' trucks, HA! )

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use?
What is the GPM on this little gem?

Exactly the same or slightly faster than wrestling with a full five gallon pail of oil while trying to get most of it into a smaller gallon container for easier use.

Vestil - Manual Pail Tippers

As mentioned before, I bought the above unit from Amazon for $53 and it works better than I thought it would. I now have a perfect solution to the five gallon pail of oil and desire to get it into more easily handled gallons or whatever. It works like a champ.

It showed up disassembled in a small flat box and has maybe $3 worth of steel in it. Obviously Chinese made but of a higher quality. Oddly, I got five pages of assembly instructions with only drawings of how things go together but not a single word written on them. Not one. It took ten minutes to assemble and I was glad I bought one rather than tried to engineer and make one.

Off to the barn to scrounge five gallons of something heavy and I found some 15W40. The pail fit easily and the weight was no problem. It's rated to 70 lbs and it easily handled whatever that oil weighed. So, it works and I'm off to the races with my newfangled discovery and suggestion that others looking for a solution to this problem either buy or make one of these bucket tippers. I can't believe more of us don't own them and I can't believe this slipped by Harbor Freight and is not carried by them.

Here's my photo with the bucket in the holder.

001.JPG

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #14  
Not trying to bust your bubble or put the Chinese out of business but when I need to pour a little bit out I clear off a space on the bench, trailer, tailgate etc., lay the bucket on it's side with the spout at 12:00. (works best if you have already poured some out) Open the spout and roll the bucket over a little. When your small container is full roll the spout back up to 12:00 and put the cap on.

Just a further update tp say the tipper I bought works even better than thought and I would highly suggest this to anyone for the ease of use and ability for one guy to handle and pour without spilling any oil. I know about the tailgate and rolling the bucket method but the pail tipper really is superior in my opinion. I give it two thums up.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #17  
I have seen these little pumps on line
Amazon.com: Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump, Model# JB5684: Home Improvement About $10.00
advertized to work with gasoline. Sears has the same pump for $45.69. I would never use a pump that specifically says "not for gasoline" with gas. To me that's tempting fate. I had an uncle severely burned by an exploding gas can, it was 50 feet away and covered him in burning gas. He lived but was in pain the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Let me again highly recommend the pail tipper the thread started with. It is great and makes me wonder why I never discovered this before. I could pour out 3 ounces of oil if I wanted and never spill a drop, plus I can drain the residual oil from the empty bucket when I'm done. Just my two cents here.

Just a bump to bring this in the open again. This pail tipper is one of the best things I ever bought and makes using five gallon pails of oil a breeze. It is no longer a hassle and pails are now my favorite way to buy oil. I used to dread it the big buckets.

With oil and gear oil change season upon us, this is a timely bump.

/ Anyone have a "pail tipper" for 5 gallon bucket ease of use? #20  
Bumping this for an update on how you like it after using it a few years.