Frustrated with myself and tractor.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor.
There is a dealership/parts house/service center in town.The fuel is fresh now but had sat almost empty over summer. Very patient counter guy explained condensation when i brought filter in,said the amount should be good after fresh added.Learning as i go.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #42  
Karmakat,

When bleeding the injectors make certain the throttle (fuel delivery lever) is open to allow diesel flow. The JD 750 uses the thottle to kill the engine by not allowing diesel flow. It would be very easy to overlook something like this.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #43  
Thanks. And no upside down isnt a possibility with this one(don't know on others). I wasn't able to crank and bleed atthe same time;so probrally still have air trapped. Will try this afternoon.
It is tough not having an assistant handy to turn the key while you turn the wrench but you can work around it. Turn the nut on the fuel to injector connection back about a half turn then crank the engine over for ten to twenty seconds. There should be a trail of fuel running down from the connection, if not open it another half turn and crank again. When you get fuel out of it tighten it back up and move on to the next injector. If the engine starts while you are cranking let it run for a count of ten then shut it down and tighten the connection. That is a lot of up and down off the tractor seat but you can get the job done.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #44  
Be careful bleeding at the injectors while someone turns the engine over. There is High Pressure at the injectors

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor.
Success.=] However managed to block it in the breezeway with a blazer with a button push 4 by 4.lol For the record i still had air pocket in injector. 15 heads and 4 hands got it though. thanks

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #46  
YEAH! We've been rooting for you.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #47  
It can be difficult to get it bleed.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #48  
Glad to hear it.

I found the 750 to be a very reliable tractor over the years. If you plan on keeping it, I highly recommend the repair manual from JD. While it is expensive there is extensive use of actual photos to help explain the written detail.

Learn from my mistakes... When not using the tractor for any lenght of time, the clutch pedal should be depressed to prevent the clutch disk from rusting to the flywheel. I created a triangle shaped piece of wood that went between the floor board and clutch pedal linkage from the underside. Ended up splitting the tractor to replace the clutch, pressure plate and throw-out bearing. Not fun!!! Had I read the operators manual there is a sentance about blocking the clutch pedal in the Long Term Storage section.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #49  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs forum.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #50  
Here is a link to one brand of algea treatment.
BIO KLEENョ DIESEL FUEL BIOCIDE: A dual-phase biocide to kill microbes, bacteria and fungus.

It's not always the easiest product to find at TSC or other places. If I remember correctly it is fairly expensive and thus it might be cheaper to dispose of the few gallons of diesel (assuming it is bad).

I hope the OP post his findings.

:thumbsup:
& you can dump that old diesel fuel on the speed bumps in front of our office building if you like ;)