You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,491  
My older sister struggles with technology. She wanted to watch our nephew coach his ACC baseball team on ESPN which is streaming through the ESPNX app mostly. I gave up trying to show her how to use her Smart TV to view games and bought her a second simple ROKU TV for baseball only. So she now has two TV’s side by side, one for baseball and one for DISHTV. But hey she cooks for me every Sunday so well worth it. She is a very good cook. 😁

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,492  
My older sister struggles with technology. She wanted to watch our nephew coach his ACC baseball team on ESPN which is streaming through the ESPNX app mostly. I gave up trying to show her how to use her Smart TV to view games and bought her a second simple ROKU TV for baseball only. So she now has two TV’s side by side, one for baseball and one for DISHTV. But hey she cooks for me every Sunday so well worth it. She is a very good cook. 😁

Everyone has their own set of talents.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,494  
That's a good idea.
I wondered why my kid has 4 tv's in his basement. (y)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,495  
A new family moved in across the road a few yrs back. Lots of kids. I met the mother and we exchanged greetings, I mentioned they had lots of kids. 10 she proudly announced. 10 Gee that's a bunch, I said. Yes, she said, well - everybody's got to be good at something. :oops:

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,496  
Yes, she said, well - everybody's got to be good at something
I started to post the first thing which popped into my head, but in a rare moment of brilliance deleted it.

A couple of years ago I raised to many chickens, so gave them to an Amish family which had 18 kids.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,497  
Yeah, I have a similar story WRT McDonalds. When we first moved to our present town, we were amazed that burgers from the local McDonalds actually looked like the burgers on the commercial, not the smashed bits of hell we've always seen from other McDonalds.

This was a few years after McDonalds was taking a serious beating to their reputation for poor quality and nutrition, and were really making a public push to improve ingredients, quality, and overall menu health. So, we just assumed, "hey, McDonalds must be finally cleaning up their act." Some of the burgers actually went beyond just "not terrible", to "pretty good".

But over the years since then, as we've hit various other McDonalds restaurants in our travels, we've come to realize no... McDonalds is still terrible. It's just "our" McDonalds that's an anomaly, it must be the local franchise owner/manager.

So, yeah... I'll believe you that your Pizza Hut is much better than the one in my home town. They became so much of a joke there, and really in our entire surrounding area, that most of them have closed and gone away.
Sadly though the guy died a few years back and the corporation he had is now being led differently. It is not same as it was. A good friend that was in charge of a group of the restaurants told me that back in 2009 because of the tough economy they dropped their prices for any large two topping pizza to $10 and their sales went through the roof - yes, the wood shake roof. Their average variable cost of making that two topping large pizza was $2.37 - not a bad profit margin. Overall profits for the corporation skyrocketed because their sales were so high. Still, when the owner died a couple of years later they fell back into the mold of how could they reduce costs. My friend didn't understand why they didn't want to focus on increasing sales at those profit margins - that was the reason the profits soared during the down time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,498  
I started to post the first thing which popped into my head, but in a rare moment of brilliance deleted it.

A couple of years ago I raised to many chickens, so gave them to an Amish family which had 18 kids.
Into your head????

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,499  
I had a couple Mennonite kids work for me on the farm years ago.
They said their mother had 23 kids... that lived.
They ate their meals in shifts.
The adults and those old enough to work got the first shift and choice and the rest had the leftovers.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,500  
Irish Catholic family down the road from us had 15 redhead kids. They all wore the same socks and underwear. A large wooden picnic table filled the kitchen and pots on the stove were as big as you could get.