You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,471  
My in-laws could not use a vcr let alone a smart phone. They just weren’t wired for it. No fault of their own. They did well for themselves and were great parents and grandparents. Salt of the earth.

🙂
I'll bet they were very creative and excelled at the things they wanted to. Parenting was one.

Learning a VCR or smart phone when they had little interest was just the way they chose to allocate time. We all do the same.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,472  
The cleanliness of the bathroom and health inspection score can determine if I eat in a restaurant. If the public spaces are filthy I wonder what the kitchen is like
It's hard to reconcile the first half of your post, above, with the second half, below. Surely no one worried about the cleanliness of a restaurant kitchen would ever order anything from Pizza Hut, where the average age of a kitchen employee is 15 years?

My sister and my best friend both worked in Pizza Hut as teens, and you couldn't pay either one of them to eat there, today. They can tell absolute horror stories of what happens there.
I called Pizza Hut and placed an order recently for a large supreme. Clerk said that will be $19.52 plus tax. Uh, the national TV ad says $12. He replies it is $12 but you must ask for that advertised price. 😵‍💫

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,473  
JethroB said:
I called Pizza Hut and placed an order recently for a large supreme. Clerk said that will be $19.52 plus tax. Uh, the national TV ad says $12. He replies it is $12 but you must ask for that advertised price. 😵‍💫
Customer :
Okay? well I'm asking for the discount price :giggle:

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,474  
What's so special about them? Read lots of hype online about them, but none around here. 5 Guys is good, but leaves a pretty big dent in your wallet and it's always loud in there.
Burger wasn't bad, they cut the french fries there. There was 3 of us and I do remember the bill being under $30 and we all got a burger drink and fries.

Like I said, I would go to a In-N-out over a micky D's anyday.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,475  
We would usually have a fountain soda or ice tea with our diner lunch but their prices have gone to $3-4$ now. I'll now get an iced water and now they do the same labor for free. We used to chuckle when we saw seniors only get water and now we are doing the same. 🤷🏻‍♂️

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,476  
The cleanliness of the restroom and health inspection score can determine if I eat in a restaurant. If the public spaces are filthy I wonder what the kitchen is like

Local Mc Donald's shut down for rats....

Not something I would expect but it happened.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,477  
My in-laws could not use a vcr let alone a smart phone. They just weren’t wired for it. No fault of their own. They did well for themselves and were great parents and grandparents. Salt of the earth.

🙂
I used to have to go over to dad's place a couple of times a week to get his TV and DirecTV back on the correct channels.
Even though I locked out every channel on the TV except for 3, the channel the DirecTV used, somehow he would get it switched to a different input or would turn the DirecTV receiver off. I gave up a long time before that to try to teach him how to use the DVD player so he could watch travel or train videos.
And best of all, he unplugged the Life Alert machine because it had a blue light on it that bothered him. He died with the Life Alert fob around his neck, and the phone in his hand, probably trying to call me.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,478  
I used to have to go over to dad's place a couple of times a week to get his TV and DirecTV back on the correct channels.
Even though I locked out every channel on the TV except for 3, the channel the DirecTV used, somehow he would get it switched to a different input or would turn the DirecTV receiver off. I gave up a long time before that to try to teach him how to use the DVD player so he could watch travel or train videos.
And best of all, he unplugged the Life Alert machine because it had a blue light on it that bothered him. He died with the Life Alert fob around his neck, and the phone in his hand, probably trying to call me.
Wow, sorry to read that Bravo. Moral of the story maybe live your life as you please we all have an untimely death coming. RIP Travel and Train video man.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,479  
I too blocked out buttons on the remote for mom…

Mom developed the habit of unplugging her two digital clocks because they glowed red and took electricity… of course that made short work of the 9v backup battery.

I put up 12” wall clocks and she was much happier…

Microwave circuit breaker had to be off… instead of 30 seconds it would be 3 hours…

Having the daily morning paper helped a lot as each morning she would read through it and keep it on the kitchen table to always know day and date…

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,480  

🙂
I use my age as an excuse to get out of doing dumb things. ;-)