The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,371  
M7,

I've been following your progress, and just get more and more impressed with your skills and craftsmanship. The latest projects have really added to my admiration.

Thanks again for allowing us to follow the dream!

GGB

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,372  
Dang...thanks guys.....don't go gettin all mushy on me:stopsign::) I appreciate the kind words and I'll do the best I can, but I am no finish carpenter....those guys are artists.

One thing I am worried about is the collision of so many different species of wood.....cedar/hemlock/pine/oak/walnut/poplar/cherry. That's what is inside now and a few more are most likely will be added. It might be ok, but I think some will need a translucent coat of colored stain(country blues or greens) to break up the wood grained "grid". I'll wait until it's all done before making that call.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,373  
Love it, that bathroom came out awesome. I love the way you used the log end on the light. Great job! Whats left after the septic?

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,375  
Here's hoping it's a good, shallow well!

GGB

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,376  
RD - We LOVE the added touches, everything is coming together so great! This is the fun part, the finishing touches!?! Right!

Dad has some questions for you, but he's in his office right now...

Love CaNaDa! (Edie and Les)

#1,377  
RD - We LOVE the added touches, everything is coming together so great! This is the fun part, the finishing touches!?! Right!

Dad has some questions for you, but he's in his office right now...

Love CaNaDa! (Edie and Les)

HA, it's about time y'all joined TBN...............EH!
canadian.gif

Got the septic all finished today and while the backhoe was here some needed ground work around the house. Still trimming out the bathroom, and it is almost complete.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,378  
Good luck with your well. I just drilled 3 holes on my 15 acre property and only hit 1gallon per minute. Cost me 9500 to find out I dont have much water on my property.

#1,380  
Good luck with your well. I just drilled 3 holes on my 15 acre property and only hit 1gallon per minute. Cost me 9500 to find out I dont have much water on my property.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg! I hate to hear that. And it is such a throw of the dice.

I have a good spring, but it's 1300' away with a 140' drop in elevation from the house. The terrain here is steep ridges and lots of limestone, so getting a trail to the spring would cost some money. But that's not the problem, it's power. My house is already on a 330' duplex line and extending that another 1300' for a 240v pump will see a noticeable amperage drop. Not to mention the cost of the wire. I had the power company out here yesterday to see what it would cost to get power back into the holler where the spring is......almost $5K. Since they would have to several poles & hang a pot for just a spring house, they have to charge for that and I do understand. If it was a home-site it would only cost a couple hundred to hook up.

Then I kicked around putting solar panels out in the pasture, then running the power 300' back to the spring. I have not worked up a price for this yet, but I am guessing it will be well over $2K, plus the dozer trail, plus water pipe, plus tank.

No matter which way I turn this spring thing around in my mind(do you smell smoke?), I keep coming back to the well...but hesitate to throw those dice.