The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,971  
I can't Eddie, the pole terminates at the top of that left cedar railing(third pic above) & you would run into it trying to go down the stairs. What ever it is it has to go straight up 5-6' before anything sticks out. I have a real cool cedar trunk that is forked. It was already pressure washed when I did the rails but due to the fork I could not find a place for it. I drug it in out of the rain yesterday lugged it up the stairs and set it on top of the pole. The overall length of it is 7.5'......it was about a foot short from reaching the ceiling/rafters.

I think what I want is one that not only forks but has a heavy twist to it so it goes with the spiral theme. I have seen them out in my woods, but darned if I can't remember just where they were so it looks like a good day for a hike. Besides the pastures are all flooded & there is 2' of water over the road on the approach to our bridge....we are "trapped" here today.....what a shame:laughing:

I like Eddie's idea. Extend the black pole so it is above your fingers when you put your arm up over your head; then a lantern or whatever.
Did you figure out the fall in guard at the main floor level yet? How about a curved bench or bookcase?
Ron

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,972  
Nope, I have not attacked the "curve" yet.

The flood video, it is about 10" down from this AM where it was washing over the bridge. All 20 ac of my pastures are under water.
[video]http://s271.beta.photobucket.com/user/motorseven/media/Farm/Jan2013Flood_zpsf93fe375.mp4.html[/video]

Horses & cows are holed up on a little section of high ground with their feed hay:
Jan2013Flood008_zps67319386.jpg

From our porch yesterday:
Jan2013Flood001_zps96ce1988.jpg

Today:
Jan2013Flood003_zps3faff656.jpg

#1,973  
Pic's of the bridge:
Jan2013Flood011_zps11f44a69.jpg

Jan2013Flood006_zpsddf303a9.jpg

They are calling for another half an inch of rain this evening/night. Looks like tomorrow might be worse than today.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,974  
wow! thats alot of water .. its a shame it brings garbage too.

#1,975  
wow! thats alot of water .. its a shame it brings garbage too.

At least it has corralled it so I can scoop it all up and get it to the dump where it belongs. We walk th ehalf mile of our creek every spring & do clean up....you would not believe the crap I have hauled out of there. Litterbugs are the scourge of the earth.........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,976  
Thanks M7 that was exactly what I need to do, how deep is that cut? if you remember.

#1,977  
It will vary depending upon the diameter of the log. Best guess on a 6" diameter log would be about 2", but try it on some "not so nice logs" first until you get the feel for it.

#1,979  
That looks like a fun project.....post it up when you get started.

Cool website, I really liked the thread on ax handles.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,980  
Will do, my helper has been really excited about it. I think she wants some new tools for her tool bag :)