another tool with lifetime warranty

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #11  
Hey... Just copied the warranty sheet from their website below. Have things changed?

RIDGID HAND HELD AND STATIONARY POWER TOOL
LIMITED THREE YEAR WARRANTY AND 90-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE POLICY
This product is manufactured by One World Technologies, Inc., under a trademark license
from RIDGID, Inc. All warranty communications should be directed to One World
Technologies, Inc., attn: RIDGID handheld and stationary power tool technical service at (toll
free) 1-866-539-1710.
90- DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE POLICY
During the first 90 days after the date of purchase, if you are dissatisfied with the performance
of this RIDGID tool for any reason you may return the tool to the dealer from which it was
purchased for a full refund or exchange. To receive a replacement tool you must present proof
of purchase and return all original equipment packaged with the original product. The
replacement tool will be covered by the limited warranty for the balance of the three year
warranty period.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #12  
Somehow Craftsman tools has always pulled thru it with the replacement warranty and with a quality tool have never been hard to find. Never had a problem taking one back for replacement. Pure quality and if defective it is replaced. No questions or problem. The only problem is when I take one back I always find something else I have to have. Especially with the craftsman club card. And no, I do not work for Sears Roebuck Co..

Didn't you read my post two up from yours where I griped about Sears? Craftsman Club card used to be a lot better than it is now, you could get additional discounts on sale items but now almost nothing of a discount...I used to collect the calenders but they don't even send those out now. CHEAPSKATES.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #13  
Hey... Just copied the warranty sheet from their website below. Have things changed?

RIDGID HAND HELD AND STATIONARY POWER TOOL
LIMITED THREE YEAR WARRANTY AND 90-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE POLICY
This product is manufactured by One World Technologies, Inc., under a trademark license
from RIDGID, Inc. All warranty communications should be directed to One World
Technologies, Inc., attn: RIDGID handheld and stationary power tool technical service at (toll
free) 1-866-539-1710.
90- DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE POLICY
During the first 90 days after the date of purchase, if you are dissatisfied with the performance
of this RIDGID tool for any reason you may return the tool to the dealer from which it was
purchased for a full refund or exchange. To receive a replacement tool you must present proof
of purchase and return all original equipment packaged with the original product. The
replacement tool will be covered by the limited warranty for the balance of the three year
warranty period.

I too saw that ... I sent an email asking about the batteries.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty
the lifetime warranty is totally separate from what you have here: you have to remember to register the tool with the company, within a certain amount of time, or you can't get the lifetime warranty:
heehaw

["To accept the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase."]
this is just part of the warranty info..but it shows what i am referring to.
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #16  
Appreciate that confirmation. Looked at Amazon.com and the major complaint some folks had was that the batteries don't last very long at all before they had to be replaced. So even though they honor the replacement ....it has to be done frequently.

I'm wondering if that would only apply to the professional contractor that uses it constantly.

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #17  
Wife and i went to Sears last weekend and bought me some pants at the check out the young fella says would you like to sign up for a sears card,...if you do you will save $25 on this $45 dollar purchase.(I had been asked this the previous week and said no.)Well before my wife can say no he says, look just dont activate the card when the time comes thats all.
So being me i said how often can i do that? like if i do it this time then in a week i come in and buy somthing else and you ask me if i want to sign up for a sears card can i do it all over again? He says well we are not supposed to tell you but yea sure i guess as many times as you want......
The thing i got to thinking about is every time i go there the ask me the same thing and i do get sick of it maybe there is a way to beat em at there own game.

after using dewalt and makita drills for years: and replacing the batteries many times: i have not seen that the ridgid batteries have any shorter life span than the others: one thing i have learned recently, i was told the cold really shortens the lifespan of the batteries, so i started bringing them in the house, instead of leaving them in the unheated, separate, garage: i just started this procedure this year, so don't know if it will make a difference or not..
heehaw

/ another tool with lifetime warranty #20  
Somehow Craftsman tools has always pulled thru it with the replacement warranty and with a quality tool have never been hard to find. Never had a problem taking one back for replacement. Pure quality and if defective it is replaced. No questions or problem. The only problem is when I take one back I always find something else I have to have. Especially with the craftsman club card. And no, I do not work for Sears Roebuck Co..

Back when the economy was really going sour I read a financial column which predicted that Sears would soon go under. It hasn"t happened so far, and I hope they are proved wrong. For my purposes Craftsman hand tools are great; and this threadhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/189659-patriotic-sears.html really makes me hope they'll be around. (It certainly has me visiting their stores more often.)