NRA billing???

/ NRA billing??? #41  
"ANYONE that owns guns and believes in our second amendment should join and be happy to send an extra donation every year. Those that do not will very likely be the first to whine when the dems pass legislation restricting your gun rights."

You're recommending not to question an organizations motives or policies as long as they say what you like to hear? On top of that you generalize and label those who don't support this logic as whiners or not in support of the second amendment? If history has taught us anything, blind alliance to any organization opens Pandora's Box often with disastrous results. You are right "Freedom is not Free, Americans must constantly challenge status quo regardless if you feel you benefit by it or not.

/ NRA billing??? #42  
The NRA didn't start out in politics. They were simply an organization devoted to the shooting sports. Just a club so to speak. Mostly promoting the CMP program. It was after the 1968 gun laws that the NRA then became involved in politics. It just responded to the need. I think some folks think the NRA was founded solely for fighting the government to preserve gun rights.

/ NRA billing??? #43  
"ANYONE that owns guns and believes in our second amendment should join and be happy to send an extra donation every year. Those that do not will very likely be the first to whine when the dems pass legislation restricting your gun rights."

You're recommending not to question an organizations motives or policies as long as they say what you like to hear? On top of that you generalize and label those who don't support this logic as whiners or not in support of the second amendment? If history has taught us anything, blind alliance to any organization opens Pandora's Box often with disastrous results. You are right "Freedom is not Free, Americans must constantly challenge status quo regardless if you feel you benefit by it or not.

How in the world did you connect a dot from my post about my recommendation not to question an organizations motives?????

/ NRA billing??? #44  

I question everything. I just happen to agree with everything about the NRA.
I AM THE NRA

/ NRA billing??? #45  
Beltzington;2475831You're recommending not to question an organizations motives or policies as long as they say what you like to hear? [/QUOTE said:
Um yeah.. that's the point of supporting a group like that. IE.. find one that thinks like you do, and lobbies for things you like.. then support them..

no blindness about it. you can freely obtain info on where their money comes from and goes... just have to ask for it. Also, as a mamber ( long term or signed up for consecutive years ) you get voting capability to determine directors.

I'd venture to say that NRA members have more of a voice in the NRA than we as citizens do in our government. :( ( and that's why we ( gun owners or those concerned with rights, notably 2nd amendment, but others as well ) need the NRA.... )

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #46  
I question everything. I just happen to agree with everything about the NRA.
I AM THE NRA

yep...

I stay up on the topics, and stay up on what the people I send money to are doing about said topics.

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #47  
I've been a Distinquished Life Member since 1976 and STILL had to finally call their membership number to get them to take me off the mailings and phone lists. They have "No-phone" and no-promo" lists but it's a big pain to follow through on getting them to stop once and for all. Now I get the mag, ballots, and occasional email politco messages but nothing else.

(Distinquished Life was a classification they had for members who'd been awarded a Purple Heart. Not sure if they even recognize it anymore . Once on the phone with one of their kids he didn't seem to know what it meant when I mentioned it to him.)

/ NRA billing??? #48  
This practice is not unique to the NRA. I have several magazine subscriptions and they regularly send out renewal notices even though there are months left on them. I just got a renewal notice for National Geographic even though the subscription does not expire until December. I do agree though that the regular NRA solicitations are annoying but I look at it as a necessary evil. I have been a NRA member for over 15 years and am glad they are there to fight to protect my 2nd Amendment rights.

/ NRA billing??? #49  
I have my issues with NRA and it regards mailings also wasting money but I am some version of life member and so is my wife so that isn't our problem but why anyone wouldn't just become a lifer is beyond me especially with easy pay life etc yearly dues add up quick and we need the NRA and they need us! Become a lifer and then send in money to the ILA now and then make it work for you like that!

I have made people red in the face by saying anyone with a gun needs to be a member of the NRA tough **** they are a big part of our freedoms we have left and I push memberships and give them away for Christmas gifts sometimes even.

/ NRA billing??? #50  
We do not get phone calls from the NRA. Course we do not get many calls at all. I suppose since we are on the Do Not Call list. We still get the NRA mailings but they are not as frequent as the used to be.

Interesting that some people are getting called and mailed while others not so much or at all.

The NRA was founded in the 1800's by ex Union officers to promote marksmanship that was sorely lacking in the late unpleasantness. :)

Later,
Dan