NRA billing???

/ NRA billing???
It sounds like I am hooked, so I might as well get the lifetime deal.

I'll show them. :laughing:

/ NRA billing??? #12  
They just got me over a barrel. I have to be a member to use my local range, and I just got a concealed carry permit. They were the only source of an insurance to cover a shooting. It isn't perfect, but it isn't worth the risk to go without anything. Besides, as much as they disappoint me, they are pretty much the only game in town. I just wish they would listen to us about the membership issue.

There is a little bit more to the NRA than just insurance. You are looking for a convenience. Try pepper spray. No NRA or insurance hassles with pepper spray.

/ NRA billing??? #13  
Is anyone else fed up with the NRA sending out invoices for dues 3 months after you paid for the current year. Then they bill you every three months for the next year. I was paid up 3 years in advance before I figured out not to pay them every time I got one. I just got an invoice and it didn't even have my expiration date on the invoice. I had to look on my card. I would like to start a phone/mail in to tell them we are fed up. Spend our dues on gun issues not this.

get a life/life+ membership and they stop sending those membership reminders to ya.

got mine...

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #14  
. Curious if they post the annual earnings and expenses like non-profit charities. I would be interested to see exactly whose pocket our membership dollars end up in.

just about every mailing from the nra ( not the ila ) have flyspec print telling you how to view their financial info.

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #15  
Life membership represents lifetime support of an organization that has every indication of selling out to political interests. Still want to be able to vote with my dollar despite its diminishing impact.

lifetime members have voting rights.

besides. I look at it like this.

I'm a gun owner. left to it's own.. the govt is going to try to strip every right they can from us. at least with something like the nra.. someone is keeping an eye on big brother. I look at is as not a hassle, but a necescarry expense.

kinda like paying property tax on a piece of land I own.

it's my land.. but I have to pay to keep it.

my gun rights are about the same.

pay to keep.. or loose em.

don't think it can't happen... happens in other countiries throughout history.

people get disarmed.. then bad things happen to them.

enough on that. don't want this to delve into politics...

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #16  
Five years of continuous membership gives you full voting rights also.

/ NRA billing??? #17  
The NRA SHOULD behave better than other magazines/memberships but they do not. I had at least three magazine/membership renewals in the last week that were paid a few months back or they were not expiring for months. PITA to have to check if you have already paid. The ones I really dislike are the renewals that say I need to pay up but they do not show the expiration date.

Later,
Dan

/ NRA billing??? #18  
If the Nra gun folks handled business like the magazine people, then the Gov. would already be taking some guns away.

/ NRA billing??? #19  
all my mags from the nra show my exp date.

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #20  
We may have some issues with the NRA, but let's face it - IMHO they are running the largest, most effective show in town.