Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #41  
I've had three: 70 Triumph TR6, 74 MG Midget and 89 Vette.

The TR6 was most fun of the group, but owned/sold it when I was a teenager. Wish I had it back.

The Midget was born too late, emission controls and roll-up windows ruined that car.

The Vette was a neat car, but I made the critical mistake of buying it with an automatic transmission; no fun to drive.

Just sold the Vette a few years ago.

Now, I'm looking for my next "fun" car, but cannot decide what to get. If I buy a sports car, I'm thinking a Porsche Boxster sounds good, but I'm worried it would be a money pit.

Attachments

• Gary's 1970 Triumph TR6.jpg
    Gary's 1970 Triumph TR6.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 74 MG Midget Right Front.jpg
    74 MG Midget Right Front.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 89Vette.jpg
    89Vette.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 150
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #42  
I have a 99 Ford dually&95 4X4 Tacoma(tractors kubota M5040 &M7040) and the wife just got rid of the supercharged cobalt,and got a mustang but im 32 and shes 23. :D

Now that's a sports car! :thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #43  
I've had three: 70 Triumph TR6, 74 MG Midget and 89 Vette.

The TR6 was most fun of the group, but owned/sold it when I was a teenager. Wish I had it back.

The Midget was born too late, emission controls and roll-up windows ruined that car.

The Vette was a neat car, but I made the critical mistake of buying it with an automatic transmission; no fun to drive.

Just sold the Vette a few years ago.

Now, I'm looking for my next "fun" car, but cannot decide what to get. If I buy a sports car, I'm thinking a Porsche Boxster sounds good, but I'm worried it would be a money pit.

Careful - I think a lot of people consider those a "girly man's car". Just a step or two more manly than the ol' Volkswagen Cabriolet convertible from the 80's:

Volkswagen-Cabriolet-2.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #44  
"Careful - I think a lot of people consider those a "girly man's car". Just a step or two more manly than the ol' Volkswagen Cabriolet convertible from the 80's:"

Perhaps, but it seems more like a true sports car to me, in the traditional sense, than just about anything else out there for the price.

Speaking of chick cars, I also like the idea of the Mazda Miata, but can't stand the "Cars" cartoonish, smiley-face grille on the new ones...

I never have been one to worry about what others thought of my ride as can be witessed by my current vehicles; a Toyota Yaris and an F350 XL. Heck, when I had sports cars, all the "cool guys" had muscle cars.

Last edited:
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #45  
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #46  
My sports car.

If anybody ever tells you their car handles like it's on rails, kick them square in the nuts. They haven't driven an Exige.

xtn
bjXjjmktTZWW86HyaQl8Rw

Attachments

• _DSC1385_small_.JPG
    _DSC1385_small_.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 205
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #47  
If it only had rear remotes ....

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #48  
Speaking of chick cars, I also like the idea of the Mazda Miata, but can't stand the "Cars" cartoonish, smiley-face grill on the new ones...

Also commonly thought of as a girly man's car, FYI. Hey, I don't make this stuff up ... but I do happen to agree.

Of course you certainly have the right to ride around in such :thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #49  
My sports car.

If anybody ever tells you their car handles like it's on rails, kick them square in the nuts. They haven't driven an Exige.

xtn
If it's like any other Lotus I've known about...it handles great!! That is...when it runs at all.

I looked (and drove) an Elan I considered buying (back in the 1980's...before the Porsches). Nice car...

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #50  
If it's like any other Lotus I've known about...it handles great!! That is...when it runs at all.

I looked (and drove) an Elan I considered buying (back in the 1980's...before the Porsches). Nice car...

Some people I've met have poked fun at the car since it's engine and transmission are off the shelf toyota units. But it was a selling point to me! So far I've got 28K miles on it, with about 2/3 of that being full throttle between 7000 and 8500 rpm - and I mean on a track where it's 30 minutes of constant abuse at a time - doing nothing but changing the oil and filter every 500 miles or so. The other 2/3 of the miles is mostly driving to and from the track, with just a bit of it being taking the wife out to dinner someplace fancy.