Rescued a dog tonight.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #11  
There should be a special ring in hades for anyone who dumps an animal like that. It probably never once occurred to that loyal dog that his owner was intentionally never coming back for him. Good for the OP. :thumbsup:

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #12  
Great job on the rescue. It is sad to see all the dogs dropped off in our area. We are on our second rescue, and the things people can do to dogs makes me question humanity.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #13  
Like they say, Country folks never have to buy a dog. I too have wondered how people can dump a dog, or for that matter, do some of the inhumane things they do. I have concluded that there is an element in most people, given the right circumstances, that will enable or compel them to do unkind or even very evil things. I can't imagine mistreating an animal, although I will admit that my sympathies are directly proportional to my age and experience. Good job on the part of the OP! Kudos!

Hi 2-Lane Crzr,

I have to respectfully disagree with you in that I hope to think that MOST people do not have any such unkind or evil element- but that it's the few and far between that are the very cruel, evil, and heartless who would do such a thing.

My sister-in-law is involved in the pitbull rescue groups locally, and the evidence she supplies is that the A-holes who perpetrate this kind of criminal act are most often repeat offenders.

Thomas

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #15  
Hi 2-Lane Crzr,

I have to respectfully disagree with you
in that I hope to think that MOST people do not have any such unkind or evil element- but that it's the few and far between that are the very cruel, evil, and heartless who would do such a thing.

My sister-in-law is involved in the pitbull rescue groups locally, and the evidence she supplies is that the A-holes who perpetrate this kind of criminal act are most often repeat offenders.

Thomas

Well, like the man says, a difference of opinion is what makes a horse race.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #16  
My wife and I regularly rescue and foster dogs. There is no bottom to the pool of human scum that neglect, abuse and abandon these precious creatures.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #17  
My wife and I regularly rescue and foster dogs. There is no bottom to the pool of human scum that neglect, abuse and abandon these precious creatures.

Would only that we could put them in similar circumstances, and that it would teach them to do better, or maybe it would be more just to put them at the bottom of the pool- with a nice weight tied around their neck.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #18  
Well, like the man says, a difference of opinion is what makes a horse race.

And that be what it is, and why I said it repectfully.

Besides which, just 'cause I'm hoping don't make it so...

Be well.

HI QRTRHRS!

You done a good thing, and good deeds are their own reward.

Kudos to ya!
Thomas

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #19  
That's a great thing you did.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #20  
It just tears my heart out to think of that poor dog, sitting patiently by the side of the road, waiting for its master to return, who will never come.

Here is a bit of an antidote. Our new Airedale Terrier puppy, who is loved by everyone ans has a very special place in our hearts forever!

image-2266137498.jpg

James