Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #75,101  
50F light mist 60 for high on/off showers most of the day.

Vacation day from get some of those so call little things done...renewal regs.Dr. appointment,Kittens 6 month vet visit,some raking I hope.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,102  
   / Good morning!!!! #75,103  
50°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 69° today. Had a few hearty pop-up storms around the area yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the tour, RNG. Like others here, no envy from me for mowing that. Beautiful, though.

Wife got most of the mowing done yesterday, from the house to the barn and just behind. Not much growing in the front yet, and can't mow in the places that were marked by utilities before the retaining wall work begins ... which has now been postponed again until Monday because of weather.

(Spoiler Alert!) In case you haven't heard by now, mostly_, Cards beat the snot out of the Mets 9-1 last night. Hope they got your issues resolved.

I would like to say that it would be nice to live somewhere where tornadoes aren't an issue. But most of those places either have ridiculous amounts of snow in the winter, or hurricanes in the summer. They are just a part of life here in the Midwest.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,104  
Looks like 29* for the low this morning, yesterday was in the low 60's but the wind made it feel colder. Today is going to be in the high 60's with a lighter wind and sunshine.

Not much planned for to day, but it's going to be to nice not get something done.

Toppop... Hope you start to feel better.

RNG... Nice video, wish it was that green here. The aspens are just starting to bud out.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,105  
Good morning everyone.

Today started out 50F cloudy and wet, but the sun has returned. The ground surface is still saturated. I still have a surface spring running down in the lower field one remaining patch of snow. It should be gone by this PM.

Don- Thanks for all the plant based food information that you have provided. You are helping me formulate a dietary plan. This is not easy.

Randy- It literally "sucks" to have one's airways constrict and lungs fill up with fluids and then have to wait in some ER waiting room until they out you on the nebulizer. I am sorry to read about the ER visit, but happy that you are getting treated. Please take care of yourself.

I have been a NWS Weather Watcher since 1996. When the last tornado hit Springfield, MA in June 2011 the NWS called me at home for a report of the weather conditions here prior to the tornado touchdown. I was one hyped up weather watcher as this weather front approached. The pictures are of poor quality, but one can see the mammacumulus clouds build up and a couple of vortexes developing.

My + thoughts, wishes, and prayers for all especially the wives and those on the mend.

I hope that everyone has a decent or at least a manageable day.

Attachments

• thumb-Mammacumulus Clouds (1).jpg
    thumb-Mammacumulus Clouds (1).jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 44
  • thumb-Mammacumulus Clouds (3).jpg
    thumb-Mammacumulus Clouds (3).jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 49
   / Good morning!!!! #75,106  
Thanks for the tour, RNG. Like others here, no envy from me for mowing that. Beautiful, though.

As I took that little walk around yesterday, I started to wonder why I knock myself out every year trying to mow all of it. Last year I let an even steeper section to the east go without mowing; I never go to that portion of the property anyway. This year I'm thinkin' anything more than 200' from the house will not see the mower unless it's easy to get to or would be an eyesore if let go. That'll also cut out a lot of the steeper sections as well.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,107  
Good Morning!!!! 58F @ 9:00AM. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 77F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Hope you're out of the hospital by now, and stay out! Is there something about having had pneumonia that makes you predisposed to get it again?

"mammacumulus clouds" Jay? Is that a real weather term or are you pullin' our leg (again)?:laughing:

Gotta love those aspens, CWB, especially in the fall when they turn.

There have been tornado watches and warnings issued for areas west of here, but I think the foothills where I live break up the storm fronts enough to stop the cyclonic motion that leads to the tornados. Never seen the warnings/watches extend this far east. There are enough straight line winds coming up the canyon to make up for it, though. Grew up with tornados in Ohio, and saw the news coverage when Xenia got wiped out. No such thing as mini tornado shelters in those days; we just went down into the basement with a transistor radio and hoped for the best.

Got to work reassembling a carburetor yesterday after the aborted mowing mission and once again struggled getting o-rings on various shafts and jets because of what they had to slide over on the way to their grooves. Decided to take some time to make up little cone shaped rods that slip over the threads and bumps and provide a smooth trip for the o-rings. Made up four of 'em on the lathe, and was trying for a fifth when I let a little too much swarf accumulate in the drill flutes and the walls of the hole just blew up. Guess that's what safety glasses are for.:shocked: It was past dinner time anyway, so I'll finish that this morning before heading into town for groceries...

/ Good morning!!!! #75,108  
".... "mammacumulus clouds" Jay? Is that a real weather term or are you pullin' our leg (again)?"- RNG

I try not to post any more neologisms here, but I still slip up sometimes:rolleyes:. My word memory is starting to fail which probably is a good thing. Actually I was close, and wrong:

"Cumulus mamma clouds must be distinguished from mammatus clouds. The mammatus cloud formations are very distinct in that the formations look like the udders of a cow or like a woman's breasts. The mammatus clouds tend to look heavy and for some people ominous, whereas the cumulus mamma clouds do not portray that representation. The cumulus mamma clouds appear substantially lighter than the mammatus clouds and tend not to be grouped on a large base. The mammatus clouds usually appear as a large formation of udders that hang from the sky and if coupled with lighting, can provide an interesting and often inspiring visual presentation."- internet source

Actually those clouds were mammatus. Those udders :cool:

"... I think the foothills where I live break up the storm fronts enough to stop the cyclonic motion that leads to the tornados."- RNG I agree with you. We just missed the previous MA tornado in Great Barrington. That storm touched down in the river valley, but this tornado did track through the surrounding hills. It took out large tracts of forest. :eek::cool: We were traveling up the next parallel river valley on the other side of the hill range. I have never seen weather like I saw that trip before or since. I have seen quite a few cumulus mamma clouds form in the CT River Valley and based on track break up when they run into the surrounding hills. There was a small F1 last year than touched down briefly in one of the nearby hill towns (Conway, MA). The surrounding hills appear to have torn this tornado up.

The NWS uses more strange and crazy words than I ;) I can not "explain" my fascination with the "strange and crazy." I do have a few "assumptions" :embarrassed:

/ Good morning!!!! #75,109  
65°F and .62 inches rain and still coming down.
Sears tech coming today to look at both dryers. The Whirlpool at Cottage doesn’t fire up at all. Kenmore at house throws a PF error and quits. This has happened 3 times since they changed the control board. Can reset by throwing breaker and waiting. Guessing it is thermal. Took half hour to reset last time.

Not looking promising for continued mowing.

Prayers for all

Be safe
Have a great day