Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #75,081  
RNG thanks for the videos. You have a pretty yard that is for sure and I have to watch the marbles one again. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #75,082  
^^^^^ 6 is bad 3 is good .... More homework.... This is like being back in grad school again. My existing brain cells may protest. :eek: Thanks- J

Oh I did not forget about your coconut oil, I just had to make my liquid fat free cobbler #6 and put it in the oven. #6 will be interesting I'm out of dates and substituting rains and applesauce.

The most complete information about coconut oil I found is from my book by Brenda Davis RD -

"As it happen, approximately 70 percent of the fat in coconut oil comprises saturated fatty acids known to raise blood cholesterol levels: about 45% is lauric acid, 17% is myristic acid, and 8% palmititic acid. Another 15% is 6-10-carbon fatty acids, and about 3% is stearic acid. Case Closed?

Well, not exactly, the predominant fatty acid, does raise total cholesterol, but it appears to raise HDL cholesterol to an even greater extent than LDL cholesterol, favorably altering the ratio of HDL to total cholesterol. In addition, lauric acid is converted in the body into monolaurin, an antiviral, anti fungal, and antiseptic compound - and coconut oil is among the richest food sources of lauric acid. There is also evidence that coconut products have anti-inflammority and antioxidant activity. Note that the compounds responsible for these benefits (which include a variety of phytochemicals, such as phenolic acids) are largely eliminated when coconut oil is refined.

The conclusion: Coconut products, including mature-coconut meat, young-coconut meat, and coconut water can be part of a healthy vegan diet. Consumption of coconut oil, like other fats and oils, is best minimized."

Now you know the rest of the story.:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #75,083  
I'm not. Just going to feed him and name him.

Plant some toxic rooted plants....Just keep whipper from eating it.

Picked about 1/2 gallon of dewberries during lunch at work. It took 45 minutes, maybe about 10-20% were ripe, but sparse. Not as good as last year. The best thing about it, even though I had a 1/2" diameter (12.7 mm x 1 mm wall for my foreign friends) 316 stainless tube for a "stick", I still had to pick thorns out of my fingers for a few minutes. Fortunately at work, I have a really nice stereoscope that I put on about 15 power and it has this really nice fiber optic ring light that provides "cool" light. They are really so nice. Everyone who picks thorny planted berries should have one. :)

I will probably pick again either Friday or next Monday.

It was our turn (optional) to provide our church youth with a meal and I took them some famous chicken tenders, fries and special sauce from College Station. The kids went wild about them. I watched about 20 people vaporize 100 chicken tenders and fries. The kids get bored with pizza.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,084  
Good evening all. 61F for the start and the high for day, overcast and light wind. Rain started about 9AM, forgot to check rain gauge, forecast was for .2 inches, rain quit about 3 PM, overcast cleared off after sunset.
Men's meeting this morning, followed by trip to town to talk over why so high to replace transom, boat dealer will put some numbers to help make fix or replace decision. Shopping dinner and home, tried to watch Cardinals on MLB.tv, spent half the evening with local and MLB tech support not much progress.
Prayers for all.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,085  
2018-04-26, 0317

49 right now...high in the upper 50's and more rain...pretty much a repeat from yesterday.

Less bruised today...thanks to aspirin and our Jacuzzi, I'm ready for work!

/ Good morning!!!! #75,086  
The best thing about it, even though I had a 1/2" diameter (12.7 mm x 1 mm wall for my foreign friends) 316 stainless tube for a "stick", I still had to pick thorns out of my fingers for a few minutes.

Kyle, while every one else picks up any old stick for berry picking, we could have guessed you would opt for a high tech metal version. Guess dewberries must be pretty corrosive though if they need 316 instead of 308 :)

/ Good morning!!!! #75,087  
Good morning. This looks to be about the driest day this week for us, with only the odd light shower coming in from the south west.

I want to get on with pointing up the rest of the main house brickwork this year. With 4 bags of France's best NHL 3.5 lime sat on a pallet and a pile of sharp sand to sift, I'm all set to make a start and hopefully the east wall outside my wife's craft room will stay dry today. Lime mortar is nice to work with, only problem is that the joint takes several hours before it will set enough to be finished off against the face of the brick and in that time it is very vulnerable to rain.

The bricks in the wall are over 200 years old and many suffered for decades in the last centuary below leaking gutters. The challenge is to cut out and replace the worst ones with other reclaimed bricks without anyone else being able to tell what is "new". I'm a slow worker at this but I still find it very satisfying, so I'm content to get not much more than a square yard done in a day.

RNG, what a beautiful display of lupins. I knew your place was on a hillside, but hadn't appreciated just how much buttock clenching ground you have to mow. How about treating yourself to a low centre of gravity mower ?
BTW, who's the young guy you got to do the voice over on the video ?

/ Good morning!!!! #75,088  
Plant some toxic rooted plants....Just keep whipper from eating it.

Picked about 1/2 gallon of dewberries during lunch at work. It took 45 minutes, maybe about 10-20% were ripe, but sparse. Not as good as last year. The best thing about it, even though I had a 1/2" diameter (12.7 mm x 1 mm wall for my foreign friends) 316 stainless tube for a "stick", I still had to pick thorns out of my fingers for a few minutes. Fortunately at work, I have a really nice stereoscope that I put on about 15 power and it has this really nice fiber optic ring light that provides "cool" light. They are really so nice. Everyone who picks thorny planted berries should have one. :)

I will probably pick again either Friday or next Monday.

It was our turn (optional) to provide our church youth with a meal and I took them some famous chicken tenders, fries and special sauce from College Station. The kids went wild about them. I watched about 20 people vaporize 100 chicken tenders and fries. The kids get bored with pizza.

Don't have a stereoscope but we use a set of binoculars turned around backwards. Have to have good light but you can get down to seeing just the splinter, or thorn. It works very well. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #75,089  
Good morning all, 47 this morning going to 70 and sunny. Rain tonight and likely tomorrow. Have a friend coming today for a visit and then a costco run if I can work it in.

Kyle, I have picked a lot of berries in my time, not many dew berries but what is the stick for? Leaning or beating the berries into submission? Or snakes?

Prayers for LS, Randy, and RIP, David and Ron's wives. Have a great day. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #75,090  
30 and going to a high of 54F Wind NW 8 mph. Partly sunny.

Some shopping to do today. I'll load the trailer for the dump run tomorrow.

My travel agent (dispatcher) called yesterday wanting to know what my game plan was for going back to work. He gives me this courtesy mainly because I am one of the most senior of his drivers, not only in age, but also in years/decades of service. I told him to go ahead and hire the junior drivers back, that I didn't want to return until into June.

Have a good day all