Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #261  
i disslike wal-marts as well,but theres not much else you can do but shop there.thanksgiving an christmas are the 2 worst times to go there.the crowds are so bad you cant move at all.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #262  
Jim, i don't know what all those big piles of dirt are for, or what they've going to build in Gainesville, but at least it didn't affect the roads we take. Sure was foggy all the way from just north of Denton to Muenster, but could always see at least a couple of hundred yards so it didn't slow down traffic.

Some time back, we got some fully cooked, smoked, boneless pork chops at Fischer's, but since then, they've always been out of them. Today, one of the guys told me they do that on Monday and those go pretty fast. I guess I'm going to have go up there some Monday morning.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #263  
Bird, it's too bad the leak didn't happen during the summer when everyone needed water on their lawns.;) Glad your neighbor got his pipe repaired. You are probably exactly right about the water pressures, but you have to wonder why only certain houses would have that kind of problem rather than it being a widespread problem.

I had a great shopping experience at WalMart yesterday. Normally during the holidays, I stay away from the Decatur, TX store. Yesterday I was buying a bike for my grandson and went there because they are much bigger than our Bowie store. I WAS NOT looking forward to going inside the store to the toy department. As I walked throught the garden center I noticed they had a bunch of bikes there. I walked over and found two of the exact bike I was looking for. I rolled it over to the garden center checkout and was out of there in less than 10 minutes. Woohoo!:thumbsup:

Whenever I ave to go to WalMart I try to enter and check out thru the garden center. Usually always less crowded. Lowes or HD the same way, usually.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Whenever I ave to go to WalMart I try to enter and check out thru the garden center. Usually always less crowded. Lowes or HD the same way, usually.

I ran to the wally world in Azle last night to grab a USB keyboard, I entered through the lawn and garden as usual, had a line 20 people deep! I went to electronics and paid there since I was the only one checking out. Went back out through L&G and there wasn't a shopper one checking out!

Was very busy last night, but being Friday evening I guess that is expected.

Looks like more rain possible next week !!WOOT!!!:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #265  
Western said:
I ran to the wally world in Azle last night to grab a USB keyboard, I entered through the lawn and garden as usual, had a line 20 people deep! I went to electronics and paid there since I was the only one checking out. Went back out through L&G and there wasn't a shopper one checking out!

Was very busy last night, but being Friday evening I guess that is expected.

Looks like more rain possible next week !!WOOT!!!:thumbsup:

If I have to go to Walmart, I try to sneak in at the oil change section. I usually get front row parking.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Finally got up to my pond, got about 2' after the las big storm:thumbsup: Have rain moving in today , so the ground should get pretty saturated.

Looks like the Christmas Holiday may be "short sleeve" weather.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #267  
I've had 3/4" so far today with more on the way. When I came home from my Dr. appt. this morning, I saw a Wise Co. Appraisal Dist. car parked on the road by my place. The tax man doesn't care what kind of weather it is, he's gonna make sure he gets his "Christmas wish" fulfilled.:rolleyes::(

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #268  
I've had 3/4" so far today with more on the way. When I came home from my Dr. appt. this morning, I saw a Wise Co. Appraisal Dist. car parked on the road by my place. The tax man doesn't care what kind of weather it is, he's gonna make sure he gets his "Christmas wish" fulfilled.:rolleyes::(

They probably read your comments about improving the pond and decided come see how much value you added.:mad:

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #269  
They probably read your comments about improving the pond and decided cones me see how much value you added.:mad:

Who knows, but from where they were sitting, I think they were looking at the additional bathroom I added under my deck. I don't know this to be true, but I'd guess they are comparing the existing structure to photos they've taken in previous years. I'll see if they add another 100 sq ft to my total.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #270  
I've had 3/4" so far today with more on the way.

We've had fog and mist since about dark last night, and so far a total of maybe .18" of water in the gauge.