I need a super bright LED spotlight

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
I currently have a 4 d-cell LED spotlight I got from Academy Sports a couple years ago. It's ok for casual spotlighting, but it doesn't quite reach my gate an 1/8 mile away where the "tourists" show up, usually right around dusk.

Any recommendations good very bright LED spotlight that I can use to light them up to let them know they've already passed 6 "no trespassing" signs and need to leave?

Currently, I'm looking at this one from LAPoliceGear: Streamlight WayPoint Rechargeable Flashlight

Specs are:

C4ョ LED illumination output and run time:

High: 1,000 lumens; 115,000 candela peak beam intensity; 678 meter beam distance; runs 3 hours
Medium: 550 lumens; 60,000 candela peak beam intensity; 490 meter beam distance; runs 6 hours
Low: 35 lumens; 10,000 candela peak beam intensity; 200 meter beam distance; runs 80 hours

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #2  
Streamlight is definitely a top tier torch. I've had really good luck with my Fenix. Go to candlelight forums and poke around there for recommendations. They test a lot of lights.

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight
Streamlight is definitely a top tier torch. I've had really good luck with my Fenix. Go to candlelight forums and poke around there for recommendations. They test a lot of lights.

How did I forget about candlepower.com? First place I should have gone. Thanks!

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #4  
A few years ago I went and changed out the old bulbs in our Maglites with a variety of LED bulbs. Difference between night and day.

In one of the 4 D cells Maglites I put in this monster, Terralux TLE-310M-EX MiniStar31M-EX LED Conversion Kit for 4-6 D Cell MagLite - - Amazon.com. It is supposed to be up around 1,000 lumens but this number seems to be a bit iffy and based on the LED makers measurements. Having said that, a friend had put one in his Maglite and we were comparing the difference with a standard bulb and the difference was unreal irregardless of the number of lumens. One problem with this bulb assembly is that you have to flip a switch to set the power, low, medium or high, and to do this you have to take the flash light head apart. Not hard to do but not something quick to do. I just set the light on high. I think that still doubles the life of the batteries and given I seldom drain the batteries it is just not an issue.

You do have to make sure you buy the right assembly to match your Maglite. There is a difference between old and new Maglites so one has to get the right replacement to match the flashlight.

I also replaced the old bulbs with LEDs in our other Maglites. The difference is very obvious. The replacement in the link is much bright but far more money that the LED bulb replacements but the simple LED replacements are very bright.

The bulb assembly in the link will light up around 800 feet of our road. It might do more but the road curves and we run out of road before we run out of light. :shocked::thumbsup:

If you have older Maglites with the old bulbs, replacing with an LED might be all you need and it will certainly increase battery lifetime.

Later,
Dan

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #5  
I have been VERY impressed with this little cheapy - 3 Watt LED Rechargeable Cordless Spotlight

Maybe not super powered, but anyone you point it at 1/8 mi away will DEFINITELY know they've been lit up! It doesn't really say in the description, but it has to have a lithium battery based on the quick charge and the VERY long burn times on a charge.

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #6  
Streamlight E-box LED spot litebox

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #7  
I have the Ridgid 18 volt LED flashlight. It will illuminate 1/8 mile no problem. The battery fits all other Ridgid cordless tools, and come with a lifetime warranty, even on the batteries.

/ I need a super bright LED spotlight #8  
Check out the LED Lenser X21R.2, 3000 lumens, 700 meter range. I saw this at the leatherman store in Portland, you could probably peel paint with it! But really expensive $550!

A few years ago I went and changed out the old bulbs in our Maglites with a variety of LED bulbs. Difference between night and day.

In one of the 4 D cells Maglites I put in this monster, Terralux TLE-310M-EX MiniStar31M-EX LED Conversion Kit for 4-6 D Cell MagLite - - Amazon.com. It is supposed to be up around 1,000 lumens but this number seems to be a bit iffy and based on the LED makers measurements. Having said that, a friend had put one in his Maglite and we were comparing the difference with a standard bulb and the difference was unreal irregardless of the number of lumens. One problem with this bulb assembly is that you have to flip a switch to set the power, low, medium or high, and to do this you have to take the flash light head apart. Not hard to do but not something quick to do. I just set the light on high. I think that still doubles the life of the batteries and given I seldom drain the batteries it is just not an issue.

You do have to make sure you buy the right assembly to match your Maglite. There is a difference between old and new Maglites so one has to get the right replacement to match the flashlight.

I also replaced the old bulbs with LEDs in our other Maglites. The difference is very obvious. The replacement in the link is much bright but far more money that the LED bulb replacements but the simple LED replacements are very bright.

The bulb assembly in the link will light up around 800 feet of our road. It might do more but the road curves and we run out of road before we run out of light. :shocked::thumbsup:

If you have older Maglites with the old bulbs, replacing with an LED might be all you need and it will certainly increase battery lifetime.

Later,
Dan

5000 lumen LED upgrade for the 6D Maglight, $113: Maglite LED upgrade 5, lumen!

I have the Ridgid 18 volt LED flashlight. It will illuminate 1/8 mile no problem. The battery fits all other Ridgid cordless tools, and come with a lifetime warranty, even on the batteries.

Since I already have the Ridgid driver, drill and sawzall with the 18vdc batteries and charger, this looks good. Off to see the light specs.

Thanks!