Are Simplicity tractors worthy?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #22  
<font color="blue"> 1*Is your lawn mower an MTD?
2*you seem obsessed with finding the lowest price... </font>

1*MY BX23 came with the Kubota 60'' MMM.
2*No at all.
What I go by is the unit price ( I E Cost per $1.00 of value received)

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What I go by is the unit price ( I E Cost per $1.00 of value received)
)</font>
"per value received" -- is TOTALLY subjective, and doesn't allow you to criticize products with different strengths...

If you valued the appearance of your lawn highly, you'd appreciate the quality of cut that the Simplicity provides... which you obviously don't .... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #24  
<font color="blue">1* L BROWN likes to brag about these dealer pricing that he gets such as:
Simplicity Prestige $6200 Kubota BX 1500 $5700.
2*What he fails to mention is that the Simplicity Prestige actually came with a belly mower. The Kubota does not.
3*The BX 1500 list price is significantly higher, which leads me to believe that most of L. Brown's pricing examples are skewed to the Kubota's favor.
===================== </font>

1*Not bragging just posting the Quotes I've been given on both.
2*What you fail to mention here is The Kubota at $5700 comes with 1-Diesel engine 2-rear PTO 3-three point hitch 4-four wheel drive and 5- A ROPS. The Simplicity Prestige at $6200 does not.
I have no need for the MMM so it adds no value to the Simplicity Prestige for me in fact it drives up the cost of performing the task I want to do to where it would cost me more to use the Simplicity Prestige than the Kubota BX1500. And I forfeit the Diesel engine rear PTO three point hitch four wheel drive and A ROPS in the process.
3* I went to the Kubota dealer and got the Kubota price and to the Simplicity dealer and got the Simplicity price. How is this skewering the Kubota price?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #25  
Do you drive the cheapest automobile you can find?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #26  
1*For some reason, there is a real animosity here toward Simplicity.
2* it is LESS price than a comparable Kubota
============
1*Not from me but I just don't understand why every time I price one out it comes in higher than a Kubota.
2*Where do I find the lesser priced Simplicitys.
Every time I've made the comparison The Kubota has cost less.
I even compared the Simplicity Prestige garden tractor with the Kubota BX1500 Sub Cut.

The BX1500 was 22 dollars more than the Simplicity Prestige but I got the following features on the BX 1500 that were either not included or not available on the Simplicity prestige
1-Diesel engine over gasoline engine.
2-Rear PTO
3-Three point hitch
4-Four wheel drive over 2 wheel drive
5-ROPS

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #27  
LBrown --

Why can't you just drop it -- or go gloat in the Kubota forum? I hope you're happy with your "lowest bidder" and I hope you get what you paid for...

BTW. you could have also priced several Kubota "lawn and garden tractors" that were more expensive than that BX1500 you're so hung up on...

Ever wonder why it is so inexpensive?

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #28  
Hi Mr_Teci-
As a recent owner of a Legacy XL (with FEL and BH), my advice to you would be to consider what it is you need to do with the machine. I was using a Regent with a 38" deck. I loved the way it cut, but it was taking so long. It took me 1.5 hours to mow an acre of lawn. I love to take care of my lawn, but I needed to do it faster. I also hated getting stuck on hills, or in the snow, so I wanted something with traction control or 4wd. Then there were the projects around the yard that I was going to need equipment to do (drainage, mulch, topsoil, deck, steps, retaining walls). So for me, I made a list of what was important. For me personally in order of most to least important - traction, cut quality, cut speed, snow blower speed (375' driveway), FEL, BH, other 3ph implements. Before I made my purchase, I looked all over these board for info, and found what you have found - difference of opinion. It was this difference of opinion over what was important that made things tough to compare.

My impression is that on most of the larger tractor forums, the "is this worth it" comes down to a more commercial/agricultural/utilitarian need. I don't think there are as many folks who want a great lawnmower with a fel, bh, snowblower and 3ph/pto. I know there are a couple because I've found on other forums.

So again - figure out what is important to you and then try to get a judgement of each tractor against each of those criteria.

As for me - I'm in heaven. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I hope this helps.

Greg

In case you want some pics of the legacy xl, i have some posted here. I'll be adding some more this weekend if the weather is halfway decent.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/depasse/tags/legacyxl/

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy?
Thank you Depasseg. That is exactly what I was waiting for, a meaningful reply from someone that has experience with the Legacy XL, after 2 pages of arguing that had little if anything to do with me and my original post. I don’t know what happened to mblielick, but Phoenix1 had his post removed because he referred me to another forum. So let me sum up my experience here to date.

I had my post moved to Lawn and Garden, even though I am asking about a machine that IMHO is comparable to the Kubota BX23, JD 2210 (which is not available with a BH), and the Mass. Fer. GC 2310 TLB.

Phoenix1 had his post removed because he referred me to another forum that is a little more open minded when it comes to the Legacy XL. I might add that :the other forum” is not so paranoid. I have seeen all kinds of references to TBN and others.

In reply to my original post, I get 2 pages of arguing that has little to do with me.

So I think I will make “the other forum” my first stop for meaningful advice. TBN will be my back up and comic relief.

For what it’s worth, I test drove the 3 mentioned above. I loved the BX, the MF didn’t do it for me, I had to price the JD 4115 to get a BH and have not yet recovered from sticker shock (but it is a sweet machine). I have made two trips to the New Holland dealer, but could never find a sales person, so I won’t go back and today I look at the Legacy XL.

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you drive the cheapest automobile you can find? )</font>
No but I buy at the best price i can get on it.