Are Simplicity tractors worthy?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you drive the cheapest automobile you can find?

No but I buy at the best price i can get on it. )</font>

I suggest you read the post just above your last one to see how much value you've added....

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #32  
FYI.

When a post is removed for any reason, unfortunately, any replies to that post are stuck to it and go with it. That is the way the threads are set up. Sometimes that causes some confusion, as only the original poster gets any notification as to why their post was removed. After a post is removed, and the original poster is notified as to why it was removed, they are free to post again, minus the part that caused the post to be moderated in the first place. Hope that clears up some things. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you valued the appearance of your lawn highly, you'd appreciate the quality of cut that the Simplicity provides... which you obviously don't .... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

I wasn't going to do any mowing with a tiller and blade

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think you will find that the simplicity is half the tractor at a higher price - thats why they are not nearly as popular. )</font>

As a loyal Simplicity fan, I'll only make three comments so I don't appear too defensive:

1. If someone made such a blanket, unsubstantiated, negative post about Kubota, or Cub, or NH -- i.e. one of the brands you sell, you'd likely be all over them like a duck on a June bug... FWIW, you've just lost all credibility with me...

2. Simplicity doesn't market the Legacy XL directly against the sub-CUTs (and it certainly isn't a CUT), because it is not primarily such a tractor -- if you think of tractor as either an agricultural or construction machine (i.e. in the line of Kubota or John Deere). However, they market it to property owners who have 2+ acres and their primary use will be mowing a lawn -- but there are needs for other attachments such as snowblowers, etc. In that market, they have, IMO the absolute best product. The Legacy will give a cut that leaves your lawn looking better than a JD or a Kubota -- the only competition there is commercial grade ZTRs. (The new, smaller Kubota 4WD lawn.garden tractors are nice, but they cannot handle the 3-PT attachments at all. The BX series are versatile, but do not mow as well.)

3. Simplicity virtually "invented" that market niche with the Model 4040 in 1973 (before the first Kubota 4WD CUT -- a B6000 -- was even imported). Though the IH Cub Lowboy tried to hit this niche, it's cut wasn't all that great, and it's versatility was limited. Simplicity has been marketing machines in this niche ever since that will give an absolutely commercial-quality cut with a large 60" belly mower, yet will run Cat 0 or limited Cat 1 implements. The Legacy XL is the latest in that lineup, and is 4WD to make it even more versatile. (BTW, it's also the only machine of it's size that you can add a removeable backhoe to later...)

Kubota and John Deere came at the CUT and SCUT market from the agricultural side, and their machines are probably still more capable with ground engaging implements, FELs and such -- though the Simplicity FEL is easier to remove. So, if you want to primarily play in the dirt, you may want to buy something other than a Simplicity. But, if you want your lawn to look better than anyone else's in the neighborhood, IMO, buy the Simplicity....

Simplicity makes a very good machine I have a deutz allis 1920 a massey gc2610 and a ferris ztr but my deutz allis is old and still running great it's all in what you want a machine . FYI the deutz is the same as the sunstar by simplicity. Out of the three machines I own they can all do something better than the outher that's y I have 3 different machines.