Are Simplicity tractors worthy?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #11  
<font color="blue">Even this forum is biased. They say brand-specific <font color="red"> *</font> so they move it to lawn & garden? </font>

<font color="red"> * </font> So where did they move it from? ? ?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">Even this forum is biased. They say brand-specific <font color="red"> *</font> so they move it to lawn & garden? </font>

<font color="red"> * </font> So where did they move it from? ? ? )</font>

The top one... Buying/Pricing/Comparison

Point is that someone seems to think the Legacy XL is a lawn/garden tractor so they moved this topic here...

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Point is that someone seems to think the Legacy XL is a lawn/garden tractor so they moved this topic here... )</font>

The fact that it might be considered a L&G tractor doesn't meen it's not a great machine. The fact that it doesn't come with a ROPS makes me think of it as a L&G tractor instead of a SCUT.

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The fact that it might be considered a L&G tractor doesn't meen it's not a great machine. The fact that it doesn't come with a ROPS makes me think of it as a L&G tractor instead of a SCUT. )</font>
An optional ROPS is available. Simplicity even calls it a garden tractor, describing it this way -- from their website:

"The Legacy XL, compact tractor toughness with the comfort and control of Simplicity's best garden tractor. "

I don't really have a problem with what people call it. Even with their prices that some are complaining about, it is selling very successfully -- to the point that Simplicity has had shortages of 4WD components at times, and couldn't keep up with orders. They're nice machines -- very comfortable, and you can take the loader off without ever leaving the seat, for example...

What I reacted to was the "1/2 the tractor" comment...

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #15  
I understand. To say it is 1/2 the tractor is way off base.

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #16  
<font color="blue"> <<
1*it's good but it costs too much
2*Even this forum is biased. They say brand-specific so they move it to lawn &amp; garden?
3* Gee, the Legacy XL (Simplicity's first entry in the subCUT series) has been out for all of 2 years. How many Kubota's were sold when they first came here from Japan?
4* MrTeci, I'm sure you will make the choice that is right for you, not one to please others.
randyny >> </font>

==========
1*So are you saying it*s priced right in the examples I gave?
2*I've seen John Deer and other lawn / garden tractors mentioned in the
Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum. they never got moved to another forum so don't really comprehend the Moderators rationale for moving this thread out of that forum.
3*I wasn't referring to the past. I was talking about today's current market activity. I was trying to point out that Simplicity my just be able to acquire more of the market share from Kubota JD & Massy it they made a better attempt at underselling them.
4*No one I know of is asking him to please anyone.
I thought the purpose here was to make available as much information tips and experience as possible to those such as MrTeci to better enable then to get the best deal they can.
If he is to ignore this input then what was the purpose of posing in the first place and why bother to even reply?

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy?
Well, what an eye opener about this forum. For the record, the Simplicity Legacy XL is available with a 27 HP 3 cylinder diesel motor. It has a Cat. 1 three point hitch, and has a lot of neat attachments like FEL, BH, post hole digger, tiller, etc. I haven’t visited the dealer, yet and I wasn’t sure if I should do to the lack of info on this forum. Nobody has given me any compelling reasons for not considering the XL. I can’t imagine anyone thinking that this unit is an expensive lawn mower after looking at Moss Road’s photo and reading his post, it appears to be comparable to the BX23 I test drove yesterday. I will remain a Simplicity man with my lawn mower, the jury is still out on my future SubCUT. Thanks to all for the info.

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So are you saying it*s priced right in the examples I gave?
)</font>
Is your lawn mower an MTD? Just curious... since you seem obsessed with finding the lowest price... IMO, you usually get what you pay for -- or at least somewhere close to it....

Couple of examples of how Simplicity relates to the quality vs price tradeoff:

1. One of the very first things Simplicity did after they bought Snapper a couple years ago was to go to Arkansas and pull the Snapper brand out of Walmart stores...

2. Simplicity built an entry level mower named the Express designed to compete with the box store tractors a few years ago. After a couple of years, they decided to drop it and not cheapen their brand-name reputation. Instead, they upgraded the Regent (now the entry-level model), making more options standard, and increased the price to cover those upgrades....

Bottom line is that Simplicity isn't interested in being the cheapest machine around -- they are very committed however, in continuing to provide the best cutting MM mower/tractor in the business...

They continue to profitably grow, buying Snapper, Ferris (commercial ZTRs) and EZ-Vac in the last few years, before being bought by Briggs & Stratton last year...

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #19  
I think it's probably closer to compare the Legacy XL to the JD 500 series, rather than a sub-CUT (JD2200, BX2200, MF2300). I guess that would make it a sub-sub-CUT, or maybe a pre-SCUT(?).

That said, the Simp is a good looking, well made machine, and every bit as good as many of the more popular makes. Afterall, almost all makes are component machines, merely assembled by the "manufacturer."

But I emplore you to not take mine, nor anyone else's word for it. Go judge for yourself...

/ Are Simplicity tractors worthy? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think you will find that the simplicity is half the tractor at a higher price - thats why they are not nearly as popular. )</font>

I, like some of the other posters stated, just lost all respect for you as an equipment dealer. I always enjoyed going to both your Adam's County and Lancaster County locations. But, I always thought that Messick's was above the bashing of other equipment. I do not mind when a dealer hypes their own products, but when bashing someone else's, it just plain looks bad.

Second, what could you possibly sell me that would cut grass as nice as the Simplicity does, and still have the capablity to add a loader or other ground engaging attachment. Well to answer you, I don't think you have a machine in that category, unless you still carry Steiner mowers.. Just going on memory hear as I belive your store in E town use to carry these machines. And what would one of these cost? 20k plus.

Also, LBROWN likes to brag about these dealer pricing that he gets such as:
Simplicity Prestage $6200 Kubota BX 1500 $5700.

What he fails to mention is that the Simplicity actually came with a belly mower. The Kubota does not. And the suggested retail for this particular Simplicity is between $5900 and $6700 depending on size of mower deck. I've seen them advertized at my local dealer with the Prestige's largest mower deck 54" well below the $6200 listed above. The BX 1500 list price is significantly higher, whichs leads me to believe that most of LBrown's pricing examples are skewed to the Kubota's favor.

From the pricing I've seen, the Simplicity Legacy and Kubota BX 23 are very similar. The Kubota will most likely do things better than the Simplicity, but the Simplicity will do things better than the Kubota like cutting grass. Go look at both. Both are nice machines with their own strength's and weaknesses. Either would be a good tractor, but get the one you think will work for you the best.