Will this work?

/ Will this work? #1  

oldafretired

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901, MX5800, U55
Is it OK to use a front and rear blade together at the same time? An angled front blade tends to push the front of the tractor sideways so I was thinking of getting a rear blade and use it at an angle to counteract that.

/ Will this work? #2  
Sounds logical however probably would be labor intensive for the right hand keeping material distribution even to balance things out. Looking backwards and forwards at the same time. Only thing to do next is try it!

/ Will this work? #3  
How is the rear blade going to catch any snow? I don't foresee it being very effective at countering the forces of the front blade. The front blade has much more leverage.

/ Will this work? #5  
Is this you?

:)

eyes-in-the-back-of-his-head.jpg

Bruce

/ Will this work? #6  
If you angle them to both push snow off the same side, it'll just push your tractor sideways the other way. If you angle them differently, then it'll spin your tractor. Just my guess. I think you'd need some very aggressive chains to accomplish anything.

/ Will this work?
Yeah, thinking about it more, it would probably just push both the front and back sideways. Oh well. Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this.

/ Will this work? #8  
image-3620355382.jpg

I run two blades.

The rear blade swings way out to give me more width when moving snow. It snow is really deep or heavy it still has the potential to move the tractor so smaller swipes should be taken.

The best thing I did for keeping the tractors tires from sliding was siping them with a Groover. I did my last tractor and current tractor R4 tires. Easy and cheap for a huge boost in traction on asphalt. No real difference on dirt or gravel.

/ Will this work? #10  
I think it would work great. I have a rear blade like KenB above that offsets 30" on either side. I would think that the opposing forces would about cancel each other out.