Will this work?

/ Will this work? #21  
On my L3200 I had a 3pt bade & SSQA blade at one point. Realized there wasn't much advantage to the rear blade. Ended up selling it to help fund the 3pt blower.

My tractor had problems driving through some deeper heavy wet snow, so pulling through that was futile (pushing wasn't much better, but somewhat viable).

/ Will this work? #22  
Found some pics of my rear blade. Skid shoes will work but you have to wait until the ground is frozen ( on gravel). I usually drive down the first snowfall or two with my tires waiting for the ground to freeze. The best thing I found to work on gravel is a slotted pipe to fit over the cutting edge of the rear blade.

/ Will this work? #23  
Found some pics of my rear blade. Skid shoes will work but you have to wait until the ground is frozen ( on gravel). I usually drive down the first snowfall or two with my tires waiting for the ground to freeze. The best thing I found to work on gravel is a slotted pipe to fit over the cutting edge of the rear blade.

/ Will this work? #24  
I've used both front and rear blades at together, but not often. If you lose traction it will push the whole tractor sideways as others have said. But I use this method in deep snow sometimes, keeping the front blade raised 4" or 6", and let the rear blade clean that up. That helps me keep traction up front which is the toughest part, and saves a second pass.

Last edited:
   / Will this work?

Wow, that's a very nice setup!

/ Will this work?
I've used both front and rear blades at together, but not often. If you loose traction it will push the whole tractor sideways as others have said. But I use this method in deep snow sometimes, keeping the front blade raised 4" or 6", and let the rear blade clean that up. That helps me keep traction up front which is the toughest part, and saves a second pass.

That seems like a very good way to use the two blades.