Will this work?

/ Will this work?
Maybe I'll just get a rear blade and find out. :) If it doesn't help much with keeping the tractor going straight, what can the rear blade do with snow that the front blade can't?

/ Will this work? #12  
Doesn't it depend on the size of the tractor whether it will be pushed sideways??

Snow%2020163_zpskvoojcte.jpg

I do just fine with a bucket,, and blade,,,

Snow%202016_zpspdmki2ui.jpg

/ Will this work? #13  
Doesn't it depend on the size of the tractor whether it will be pushed sideways??

Snow%2020163_zpskvoojcte.jpg

I do just fine with a bucket,, and blade,,,

Snow%202016_zpspdmki2ui.jpg

I love seeing pics of that 584! What a nice machine.

You're right though. It depends on the size of the tractor. Or more accurately, the size of the tractor, the size of the blade(s), the weight of the snow, the amount of traction the tractor can achieve on the various surfaces, etc.

/ Will this work? #14  
Maybe I'll just get a rear blade and find out. :) If it doesn't help much with keeping the tractor going straight, what can the rear blade do with snow that the front blade can't?

Basically nothing overall. But on the other hand a lot!

Backing to a garage door vs trying to back drag with a front blade

My front blade is 90" so when it's angles i can't clear a shoulder the way I can with an offer back blade.

Front blade trips but the rear blade may break through some necessary frozen zone ..

Just a few things

/ Will this work? #15  
When I had my Ford 1700 I used the FEL bucket - modified - plus the rear blade for snow. The modified FEL bucket was simply a 2x12 angled across the bucket. It worked fine until the snow would get too deep and then I would loose traction.

/ Will this work? #16  
IMG_2491.jpgIMG_0856.jpg

Sometimes I use both the front blade nd the rear blade, but sometimes I use the front blade along with a 3 point snow blower. It all depends on the amount and the consistency of the snow storm.
DevilDog

/ Will this work?
I think I'm going to go ahead and order a rear blade from EA. Would skid shoes on a rear blade be of any use on gravel? I use them on my front blade. I wonder if they will put skid shoes on it if requested?

/ Will this work? #18  
I think I'm going to go ahead and order a rear blade from EA. Would skid shoes on a rear blade be of any use on gravel? I use them on my front blade. I wonder if they will put skid shoes on it if requested?

I have pretty big skid shoes for a JD 6' blade,,, they are pretty useless on gravel,,,
they just carve ruts.
With gravel,,, you need tires.

/ Will this work? #19  

I've never used gauge wheels but they seem like they would be the answer until the ground freezes. When the ground is frozen just go to town. May be some gravel to clean up at the end of the season which is fairly easy

/ Will this work? #20  
I use both,not always at the same time.Rear is nice for pulling away from garage doors ect.My tractor is heavy enough that I can run both a the same time if not too deep.Rear blade will scrape right down to the pavement.
I have upgraded since this picture to a 7ft.medium duty rear blade;8ft.Curtis on the front.

Attachments

• with snow plow.jpg
    with snow plow.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 115