10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520?

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #11  
I run an 8' 3pt on my 55hp tractor and its a handfull, just something about all that rotational inertia, especially rev'ed up to full 540 PTO, that gives me that "will it take-off" feeling.

That semi-mount green rig is worthy of lust, yes sir, that's how you build a solid-deck multi-spindle cutter.

I see Deere puts a min 40hp spec on that MX8 and 50hp on 3pt version

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #12  
Not to hijack or anything, but am looking to see what i can drag behind a 4720 for the hay season. The haybine (8'?) was being used behind a case cx70. It is the wrong color (red) but i can give it the krylon touch if that helps. Also small round baler, same situation, 5' bales.

And yes as green as the tractor i am, but learning fast.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520?
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to ponder it awhile longer.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #14  
4720 OWNER said:
Not to hijack or anything, but am looking to see what i can drag behind a 4720 for the hay season. The haybine (8'?) was being used behind a case cx70. It is the wrong color (red) but i can give it the krylon touch if that helps. Also small round baler, same situation, 5' bales.

There is lots of talk on this exact subject in the AG section. I think you will find lots of answers there.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #15  
4720 OWNER said:

Any 9' sickle type haybine you can pull, but it has to be a sickle not a disc type cutter. Any tedder and rake out there you can handle. As far as a round baler a Hesston 530, 730, Case-IH 8420, or Agco 5134 are all the same machine painted different colors and make a 3.5' wide by 4.5' tall bale that goes about 550 lbs. Baler calls for 35 hp min. if I recall. Needs one remote. Anything bigger you will have a tough time with.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #16  
A 3pt. disc mower would work as well.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #18  
I've got a 7 foot howse heavy duty bush hog that will slow down my 64 pto hp massey ferguson in tall grass. I can't imagine trying to pull a 10 footer with 45 hp, you'd be going awfully slow in anything other than real light vegetation.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #19  
CumminsLuke said:
Your right, but it'd have to be one of the smaller ones.
;) Yeah, it was on my mind because I have been looking at Kuhn GMD55/500's.

/ 10' rotary pull mower behind a JD 4520? #20  
mark.r said:
;) Yeah, it was on my mind because I have been looking at Kuhn GMD55/500's.

Is that the shaft drive type or the gear bed drive type? They say the shaft drive pulls a lot easier. I have only ever had the gear bed type though.