1025R Price Check + implements

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #1  

TractorN00b14

Tractor
none
Got quotes from my local JD dealer (KY) for my first tractor. Are these prices reasonable, or should I run away? Salesman says there's no more room for savings.

1025R TLB: $15,970
120R Loader w/bucket: $4,788
260B Backhoe: $7,662
Also getting radial tires, ballast box, 3rd hydraulic function on front end
Total: $29,115

60D MMM w/Load N Go: $3,270

AP10F 42" Pallet Forks: $1,000

AV20F 53in Grapple: $2,000

PHD100 Post Hole Digger 9": $2,000

Balance: $37,385 + tax

My use case: 1.6 acres. Needing to dig a lot of pipe to divert storm water and drains to a branch (we are downhill). Some wooded area to be cleared. Fence to be built. Grass to be mowed, of course. We estimate we could pay $23,000 (including the price of a lawn mower) to hire this work out and go with a lawn mower instead of a SCUT. But that's not as fun.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #2  
What type of grass will you be mowing -- is it a finely manicured lawn or just basic ground cover / field. These tractors are cumbersome compared to a real mower. You won't be doing land clearing with a 1025R and the backhoe is limited, so I might almost recommend a dedicated riding mower and a more capable tractor as a better combination. My gut feel is that $37K is a big investment for this particular tractor.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #3  
Sounds right for the package you are getting

let us know or post pics when u get it

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #4  
I think you should shop other manufacturers like Kioti, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, Ls, Branson.... You might be surprised at their prices and specs.

An example...

There are a few more like Massey Ferguson, Kioti, etc.... it does pay to shop around.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #5  
Did you check to see whether there are any John Deere rebate or incentive programs like the Farm Bureau or equine discounts? Sometimes the dealer doesn't know or pretends they don't know about these.

I've been researching the 1025r myself. It's fairly low to the ground compared to other tractors, IMO. That comes into play when working in the woods or when you dig up a bunch of ground with the backhoe and then have to navigate the dirt pile for some reason.

If I were you, I'd also look carefully at how that unit runs a 9" PHD. Are you sure the 1025r is really suited to that size?

What do you plan on lifting with the pallet forks?

Have you comparison priced a compact like the Kubota L2501HST? Bigger tires, heavier...

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #6  
I see 31,690 for the TLBM without the rest.

I was quoted 21,450 in late 2018 for the same thing. How much of the 10,200 difference is factory price hikes and how much is the dealer?

I went with the LS for 16,932 for the same configuration. No idea what they're priced at now.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #7  
I haven’t priced out a JD in years but, man, that seems like an awful lot of money for a 1025R w/implements. I’d suggest cross-shopping a couple additional JD dealers on the same tractor and, if you’re willing, look at some alternative brands.

Mike

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #8  
There are better tractors with more capable backhoes for less price. I like the 1025R Green Machine also, but ultimately went with Kioti and saved $8800 and got a more capable machine. I gave up the mid-mount mower and just purchased a dedicated zero turn for that mowing job. And it gives a much better cut than any MMM.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #9  
Considering you have less than 2 acres and you want the backhoe for drainage I would rent a mini excavator for the weekend and get it all knocked out and not have an overpriced under power boat anchor. Backhoes that size are very slow and und power. Just look for a tractor loader and mower the post auger can be rented for next to nothing compared to what a new one cost and a ballast box can be made real easy

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #10  
I thought it was odd that the OP was buying a ballast box with all the other attachments, especially the backhoe.

I find it a hassle to take implements on/off. For backhoe work especially, I'd think he'd take the MMM off. Then there's the hassle of putting it back on.

For the price of the MMM alone, he could buy a zero turn that would be much easier to cut a yard with.

IMO, this deal is a total thumbs down.