1025R Price Check + implements

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #11  
Let's not get into the rental shtick again. It may work for some, but doesn't work for all.

Using the BH with or without the MMM is user option based on the task(s) at hand and terrain. I often use my BH with the MMM on. It isn't overly difficult to remove and reinstall one or both as needed. That may be a machine design difference though between brands.

My biggest gripe is the seat. While it will rotate, you can't do it while seated on these small machines due to knee room, fenders, ROPS, etc. You have to get off, rotate and get back on. That can be a real pain when digging a long ditch where you have to keep moving and can't use the bucket to creep.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #12  
I gave up the mid-mount mower and just purchased a dedicated zero turn for that mowing job. And it gives a much better cut than any MMM.
I too gave up the MMM and purchased a dedicated ZTR for my mowing duties. I’m much happier with the quality of cut and mowing time (saved me 1 hour + per session).

Mike

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #13  
My experience in going from a regular riding mower to a ZTR was it cut my mowing time in half. If you are mowing an open area the size of a football field, a MMM might be a good choice. However, if you are mowing a normal residential yard with trees, landscaping, sidewalks and all the other to navigate, then a ZTR is going to save a lot of mowing time. If you add that time up on a weekly, monthly, seasonal, and yearly basis, that alone might sway the decision.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #14  
That is a big price tag for what you get. I would pass. I like mine, but no way I would pay that for a 1025R. Look for a 1023e or 1025R used. You may luck out and find one with a MMM. I have one and it does pretty good for a lawn tractor, but I use my big ZTR for my primary mower. Get aftermarket forks, forgo the grapple, although if I had a big stack of play money I would probably want one... I would hesitate to put a PHD on mine. My neighbor drilled my post holes with his JD 990 and we had to unscrew the auger out of the ground several times, although it was a 12". I don't have a ballast box, I use whatever implement I have on from the last job for counter weight. I can't speak on the back hoe, but it seems like quite the expense.

The one below will already save you $8,000 with less than 200 hours on it.

jd.PNG

or this one with 25 hours on it.

jdbh.PNG

1023e for 2000 less than the first one.

1023.PNG

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #16  
^If they keep this up they will go out of business! :LOL:

OP, let us know what you decide

Last edited:
   / 1025R Price Check + implements #17  
It does sound like a heck of a lot of money for a sub-compact, but I think prices in general are out of hand these days.

That's the nice thing about the green ones, just when you think the tractors are expensive, wait until you see how much they get for "their" attachments.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #18  
I would echo the suggestion to skip the mmm and get a ztr. The time savings alone are worth it and the price difference between the two is minimal.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #19  
Got quotes from my local JD dealer (KY) for my first tractor. Are these prices reasonable, or should I run away? Salesman says there's no more room for savings.

1025R TLB: $15,970
120R Loader w/bucket: $4,788
260B Backhoe: $7,662
Also getting radial tires, ballast box, 3rd hydraulic function on front end
Total: $29,115

60D MMM w/Load N Go: $3,270

AP10F 42" Pallet Forks: $1,000

AV20F 53in Grapple: $2,000

PHD100 Post Hole Digger 9": $2,000

Balance: $37,385 + tax

My use case: 1.6 acres. Needing to dig a lot of pipe to divert storm water and drains to a branch (we are downhill). Some wooded area to be cleared. Fence to be built. Grass to be mowed, of course. We estimate we could pay $23,000 (including the price of a lawn mower) to hire this work out and go with a lawn mower instead of a SCUT. But that's not as fun.
The 1025 is a nice tractor but as others have said, it’s not very powerful. I have a similar older 2210 and I love it for mowing paddocks and moving dirt but I would never put a BH or PHD on it. Just not powerful enough and the forks I bought can barely fully lift up 6 two strings bales of hay. Not a work horse

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #20  
I guess it depends on needs and dealers within a reasonable range. Sounds outrageous to me. My BIL bought an LS MT225e for about $20K w/the loader/bucket and BH. The loader is quick connect. Lots of B&W and I envy some. The Green Machine is just a Yannmar in disguise

Skip the MMM. For 2 acres even a regular lawn tractor will do a better job quicker and cheaper.