1025R

/ 1025R #11  
Good luck with it, to bad about the tires. I think I’d want to get some sooner.

/ 1025R
Dodgeman I still have the older Deere which mostly is parked in the winter. I can wait on correctvtires

/ 1025R #14  
And everyone claims jd has overnight parts.... except for wheels and tires. Slow boat from Korea..... Just sayin

/ 1025R #15  
You will like it. I have one and have a little over 11 acres. It's a backup mower and general chores. I don't have any major projects to do on my property at the moment, so nothing is too hard for it, it may just take a little longer since it has to take smaller bites. The only real negative is it takes FOREVER to mow the whole property. I have someone cut hay but he only takes 2 cuttings. So I mow it a few times after the last time so I don't have to look at tall grass all winter. I want to get something bigger just for that reason. I think I will eventually get an older big frame tractor and a 8' or so rotary cutter and keep the 1025R.

/ 1025R #17  
What do you plan to use a backhoe for?

/ 1025R #19  
There are a lot of TBN authors that know a great deal about tractors and I like reading their posts. No doubt they forgot more about tractors than I know. With that said, I don't necessarily agree that number of acres dictates tractor size. I would think it is what you are going to do on those acres and how many acres you are going to actually work.
When I was shopping for the first tractor three and a half years ago, I was looking at the L series for our 127 acre, four member, hunting camp. Camp land is mostly wooded with about 40 acres of thick brush. Other members wanted to get the BX, which we ended up with. I was somewhat disappointed at first.

Main use is to maintain trails through the woods by removing dead fall, bush hog other trails, grade trails with the BB to prevent erosion. and cut shooting lanes through the thick brush. It is no speed demon, but it gets the job done, and I have the time.

I was helping a neighbor out the other day and he had an L3901. Jumped on the L to help to move 14 dead ash that he cut down. Great machine, but if I had the L at the camp I would be limited because of its larger size. Would be harder to turn around on the wooded trails and hard to maneuver through the woods. Would also turn shooting lanes into runways.

OP, a lot of great advice given. Get the tractor that suits your intended use on your land.

/ 1025R #20  
Check out goodworkstractors.com on YouTube. He has several good videos on the 1025r and the upgrades he has done on his own tractor