10ft cutter

/ 10ft cutter
The tractor I am going to buy is Deere, but made in India. NH was Turkish and the Kubota was in Georgia, but it was too light. I have done a little research and I think the Modern Predator is the route I will take.

/ 10ft cutter #22  
Thread hijack!! What kind of batwing you going to get for your 7040 there Foreman?

For a top notch ten footer look at the Shulte line out of Canada. They are owned by the Alamo group that also owns Bushhog brand and Rhino. We have a old Bushhog that has just run and run without any trouble they knew how to build them back 35 years ago!

Another landpride if new.. LP3596.jpg

/ 10ft cutter #24  
TXFord8n,

First of all, I hope you have a bigger tractor in mind! :D (sorry, I couldn't help myself)
About 20 years ago, I was shopping for a 10' myself. Bought a Hardee pull-type. It's a beast. It spent it's first 15 years (or so) behind a 100 hp tractor. (JD 4020, then a NH 7610S) It will basically digest anything that the tractor will run over. .

when i got my nh7610s in 02, that was the first size of mower i had on her, a 10', 3pt hd howse. as you said. with a 10' mower and high hp.. it will mow anything you can drag it over.

/ 10ft cutter #25  
Here's the one I like, but my tractor won't pull it... time for a bigger tractor!!

http://modernusa.com/images/10offflex-pop.pdf

I hope you have flat ground with no humps or terraces because that mower will scalp going over them where the blades overlap because it's so long front to rear. I do have terraces and I run a JD HX-10 flat deck and it doesn't scalp too bad but I still have to raise it sometimes as I'm going over. Plus I don't see the cost effectiveness of buying a 10 foot bat wing versus a 10 foot flat deck mower that will cost much less. Another thing, don't fall for the mfr's minimum hp specs of 50 hp. You're going to need 90-100 hp to cut thick grass well with a 10 foot mower.

/ 10ft cutter #26  
i'v never had a scalping problem with my 15' batwing, on rare occasion, i have had a side to side problem on a 10' fixed deck though..a 15' batwing should be about as deep as that 10' offset flex.

/ 10ft cutter #27  
when i got my nh7610s in 02, that was the first size of mower i had on her, a 10', 3pt hd howse. as you said. with a 10' mower and high hp.. it will mow anything you can drag it over.

I'll second the higher Horsepower, I have 83 hp to run a MX10 John deere and you can tell its back there when the grass gets as tall as the tires. The only time I really notice it bogging down is when it scalps the ground. The good thing about that though is the next time there is alot less dirt to cut through! I guess i should be fair, IIRC i have 69 pto hp. TheMX10 is a great counter weight and I refuse to mow with it without the loader or my suitcase weights loading the front end down! I think it tips the scales at somewhere near 1700lbs? It sure is nice though taking a ten foot swath of grass down instead of 8!!

/ 10ft cutter #28  
that hd howse 10' is around 2400#

My 7610s has a full populated front weight bracket.

My ford 5000 totes the mower now.. t has a full set of pillow weights.. and then I added 2 fat suitcase plates to either side of the front bolster to keep the front down.

the 7610s has about 89 pto hp and the 5000 has 67 pto hp.

soundguy