110 tlb failure

/ 110 tlb failure #12  
I didn't see that before... my hat's off to DIGnVT - that's for sure! He made a silk purse outta a sow's ear!

If nothin' else; after talking with the seller and based on how well that turned out - I'd try to get back my expenses to date. Should be able to get that at Small Claims court.

AKfish

/ 110 tlb failure #13  
110tlb owners , the dealer I work at has sold a bunch of these 110s and I have seen some petty hammered . but dont remember any anywear near this bad. someone must have realy beat the crap out of that tractor. however those bolts that hold the front frame to the extention housing are prone to loosing on all the deere cuts that have a seperate front frame. be it a 950 or a bran new 4720. its a real good idea to put a wrench on those bolts once and a wile. also the loader mounts .

/ 110 tlb failure #14  
I recently saw an add for the sale of a 110 on Craigslist that had the bell housing replaced and wondered what kind of abuse the owner put the thing through to break it. So apparently this has happened on a few, I was looking at this model to purchase too. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

/ 110 tlb failure #15  
I have a local rental company that likes to rent them out cuz of the size to trailer them......

Maybe they are popular for rental co's, thus getting beat more....yes/no?

/ 110 tlb failure #16  
Other than the post mentioned I have not seen anything like that either. Did have the opportunity to get familier with about 20 of them at an underground mine used as transport machines and scissor lift units. Terrible environment but did not see any break in half. Well... there was one ran over with a haul truck that broke and another drove over a 20' embankment that one broke as well !!!:laughing: Otherwise seems like an unusual break.

/ 110 tlb failure #17  
I purchased a used 110 tlb (2100 hrs) last year from Carroll Equipment in upstate NY. I gave it a quick look over and full function test before loading it up and trailering it home. The dealer assured me all equipment is fully inspected by their mechanics prior to sale needless to say the following day when pressure washing it I noticed the bell housing and transmission housing cracked near the right loader mast. Sure enough the bolts on the left loader mast were stripped when I checked the torque on them. After several painfully conversations with Carroll Equipment standing behind their "as is" policy my options were to seek legal recourse or deal with it my self. The dealer quoted me about $15000 to repair and I can't be bothered to get lawyers involved so I am repairing it myself. Another life lesson as DIGnVT said!!!
I currently have the tractor split and damaged housings removed. I have purchased a new bell housing and plan to weld the transmission housing. Does anyone know if this is cast steel or cast iron or heard of others welding these cases on the 110 tractors.??
Also if anyone has leads on used 110 Tlb parts or complete tractors that are being sold in the new england area please let me know. I joined the website specifically because of this issue and hope I can assist others with these tractor issues in the future. I hope others see this article so they are fully aware of what to check for when considering a used 110.
Justin

/ 110 tlb failure #18  
Sorry to hear about your new "Life Lesson"....:thumbdown:.....It's amazing how some dishonest people can sleep at night

Please keep us informed to your progress Justin

/ 110 tlb failure #19  
Welcome aboard,
Hopefully you paid a fair price for an "as is" piece of equipment and won't come out of all this TOO badly (-:
WRT cast iron or cast steel, I can only suggest you look up the parts as if you were trying to buy replacements and see if descriptions are attached.
I consider a used 110 from time to time, then re-consider, then forget about it for a while...

/ 110 tlb failure #20  
Amazing they wanted to sell it at a profit, screw you over, then charge 15K for a repair! Is that full shop price or discounted?