110 tlb failure

/ 110 tlb failure #21  
Swick,
I was definitely screwed over by Carroll Equipment which is not a JD dealer. My local JD dealer has been quite helpful to assist. The 15k estimate was not discounted and included labor and new housings. They are looking for a used transmission housing but have been unsuccessful so far.

/ 110 tlb failure #22  
Well ive got about 800 hours on mine and just found out last week that i have broken the bell housing casting now ive been qouted 8k to get it fixed. Fun Fun
Yes I have worked it pretty hard i had to move a few rock for my foundation hole for the house im building that were on the large side. But I always figured if it would pick it up that it was design to be worked. Oh well after the house is finished guess i'll have to save up and get it fixed.

/ 110 tlb failure #23  
Chris, sorry to hear about your issues especially with only 800 hours. For my repair I learned that it made more sense to replace the bellhousing with a new JD part than trying to repair (around $1800 I think) my transmission housing was also cracked severely. This was around $5800 new??. I sent my transmission case to Metal Surgery in Milwaukee they specialize in cast iron repair using "metal stitching" All the research I did on welding cast iron did not give me enough confidence going with that option.

I also added helicoils to all the loader mast bolt holes, longer bolts with loctite and Nordlock washers. The factory bolts are too short which I attribute some of the problem to. The main issue is they back out allowing the mast to move and crack the transmission and bell housing. I have marked my bolts and monitor them often for movement.

Do you plan to do the job yourself? I have been searching for others who may be interested in selling tractors with this same issue.

Justin